Seedling Section in Wiki?

annafl

Esteemed Member
I think it would be great to have a seedling section in the wiki. I think Dean suggested it years ago and it's nice to have documentation of newly named cultivars. Can we have a discussion of ideas as to what the criteria should be for placement of a plant in this area? When we come up with a final idea I can approach Dean about what we want and how to do it. There are obviously so many lovely seedlings present in these forum pages. Thanks.

Ana

Great idea! New seedlings should have their own section. I use the Wiki, but I would use it more if I could just advance thru the Croton pages. Example: (Broad Leaf) open Alley Cat hit next and advance to Baron Le Compte and so on. I do not know if this can be done, but would make it easy to navigate. Dean can it be done?

I'll post some ideas as a starting point and I hope that everyone will feel free to add or modify them.

This listing is for crotons grown from seed that are distinct in that they differ from all other known varieties

Picture

Cultivar Name

Breeder

Seed Parent

Pollen Parent

Colors: Leaf _____________________ Midrib ______________ Petiole _______________

Leaf Type

Leaf Size: Length ______ Width ______

Year Established

Great idea! New seedlings should have their own section. I use the Wiki, but I would use it more if I could just advance thru the Croton pages. Example: (Broad Leaf) open Alley Cat hit next and advance to Baron Le Compte and so on. I do not know if this can be done, but would make it easy to navigate. Dean can it be done?

Short answer is No. But you can click directly on one of the "Categories" at the bottom of every page and be taken directly to the appropriate List where your previous selection will be "noted" - in other words, two clicks instead of one.

Ana - I can set up another "area" like we have for the different leaf forms and add any seedlings there. In addition, we could have a code like we did with the asterisk that would designate it as an "unofficial" name of a seedling in the Master List.

At any rate, I think it would be necessary to attach some kind of name to them - even if they are a simple JS101 or SM102 (Jerry Shilling 101, Scott McIntosh 102) (Sorry Scott, your name doesn't look right) :)

Ana - I can set up another "area" like we have for the different leaf forms and add any seedlings there. In addition, we could have a code like we did with the asterisk that would designate it as an "unofficial" name of a seedling in the Master List.

At any rate, I think it would be necessary to attach some kind of name to them - even if they are a simple JS101 or SM102 (Jerry Shilling 101, Scott McIntosh 102) (Sorry Scott, your name doesn't look right) :)

:eek: Scott would then = S & M in the seedy section of the Wiki LOL :D

Sorry, I could not stop myself :eek:

This little guy got dug up when I was laying down mulch about 5 months ago. It was under a Capt. Gilbert Cutler. The only crotons bloomin in the area besides the Capt. was a White Ann Rutherford. Kinda slow but looks like it may be kinda promising. Its getting a bit more Moose love now. :eek:

Attachments

• Seedling.JPG
    Seedling.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 72