Those Noids Return

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
ID thoughts.
IMG_2328.jpgIMG_2332.jpg

With nothing to do outside in the rain today, I am making name tags for my Crotons. Id for this one...
IMG_2333.jpgIMG_2339.jpgIMG_2340.jpg

Scott - post #3 looks like it has affinities with the Duke of Windsor if it colors up ;)

Ron, I could see that if it colors up. I looked at the picture of yours in the Wiki. Do you have a updated picture of yours?

Ron, I could see that if it colors up. I looked at the picture of yours in the Wiki. Do you have a updated picture of yours?

Scott - I have two. One in heavy shade and another that gets more sun exposure. I'll try and get some photos later today. I gotta get the laundry done this morning - makes the wife happy when I take this burden from her. Then I can play in the garden the rest of the day! ;)

OK - 7 loads done. Should keep me out of the doghouse a day or two LOL :D

Scott - here is my Duke of Windsor growing in heavy shade. It looks its best in the winter as the southerly positioned sun hits it better. I need to prune the carambola tree that is shading it. Its full of fruit - so I gotta wait until its done. :)

This croton does not resemble yours much. I am posting the photos to exhibit how contrasting crotons can be depending to sun exposure.

Attachments

• DOW Sh 1.JPG
    DOW Sh 1.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 57
  • DOW Sh 2.JPG
    DOW Sh 2.JPG
    232 KB · Views: 67
  • DOW Sh 3.JPG
    DOW Sh 3.JPG
    235.5 KB · Views: 56
Scott - here is my other Duke of Windsor. It remains shaded most of the day but gets hit with some strong sun through the gaps in the canopy. This plant gets alot of shade in the winter - more sun during the summer months. Its my opinion that your NOID resembles this Duke of Windsor. :)

Attachments

• DOW Sun 1.JPG
    DOW Sun 1.JPG
    249.1 KB · Views: 60
  • DOW Sun 2.JPG
    DOW Sun 2.JPG
    252.3 KB · Views: 54
  • DOW Sun 3.JPG
    DOW Sun 3.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 59
  • DOW Sun 4.JPG
    DOW Sun 4.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 61
  • DOW Sun 5.JPG
    DOW Sun 5.JPG
    244.8 KB · Views: 57
Scott - here is my other Duke of Windsor. It remains shaded most of the day but gets hit with some strong sun through the gaps in the canopy. This plant gets alot of shade in the winter - more sun during the summer months. Its my opinion that your NOID resembles this Duke of Windsor. :)
Thanks Ron! When I was given the plant in the spring it was in bad shape. It has grown great in a pot in 1/2 day sun. I will keep it in 1/2 day sun and see what colors will pop. BTW I like the looks of yours in the shade also. That's why I like 2 of each named plants, one for shade and one for a more sun area.