THE FREAK

Kingdavid

Esteemed Member
17/09/12
I keep hearing how seedlings take years to develope , they were corect .out of endless seeds planted there were about 5 that came out somewhat identicle exept one , i called it the FREAK ,at 2 1/2 years this one kinda took off . i moved it up to a 3 gal planter and after 5 moths of just sitting there , it got its freak on . so i had to post some pictures These were taken over the last 2 months The biggest leaves are 15 inches . Im excited to think what his brother plants will do .....

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 65
Nice looking plant. Any idea what the parentage is?

Not really sure who the parents are ? There were 7 or 8 seeds in an container and i didnt mark them , 3 didnt make it past 1 month , the other are doing good , just not like the freaky one .the others look simular but just not as big . cant wait to see what the summer does for them .. ill post again soon on progress . ill try and post a picture of all of them together , thanks

Somewhere in a thread on Sybil Griffin there's a pic of the green version. Since it's pouring rain and dark out, you'll' have to wait until tomorrow for a new pic. Rain is very good out here in the S. Pinellas Desert!

Somewhere in a thread on Sybil Griffin there's a pic of the green version. Since it's pouring rain and dark out, you'll' have to wait until tomorrow for a new pic. Rain is very good out here in the S. Pinellas Desert!

Maybe the green sybil griffin is the answer , ill keep looking through the archives >>>.....Thanks

Here's the green Sybil Griffin - slow, very slow....

Attachments

• DSCN4434.jpg
    DSCN4434.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN4435.jpg
    DSCN4435.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN4436.jpg
    DSCN4436.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 69
Here's the green Sybil Griffin - slow, very slow....
They are definately close looking !!! Are these very comon ? the seedling went so slow for the first 2 years now it seems to be taking off . Could just be a growth spurt , ill keep an eye on it . Thanks so much for the pictures .Cant wait till tomorrow to look at the pictures with the plant .Thanks

They are definately close looking !!! Are these very comon ? the seedling went so slow for the first 2 years now it seems to be taking off . Could just be a growth spurt , ill keep an eye on it . Thanks so much for the pictures .Cant wait till tomorrow to look at the pictures with the plant .Thanks

How old are the plants in your picture ??

I got this at an auction at the meeting 2+ years ago at Rick Leitners place. If it gets a leaf a year, it's moving out... Location in yard is probably not the best since it is somewhat hidden.

I got this at an auction at the meeting 2+ years ago at Rick Leitners place. If it gets a leaf a year, it's moving out... Location in yard is probably not the best since it is somewhat hidden.

Dat would make it slower than Robert Halgrim. Honestly, does not really catch my eye at that small of stature. :rolleyes:

Having seen this plant in person,this is certainly a new variety to me and does not resemble Sybil.This will be a must want for most collectors,It is really different with HUGE leaves and each leaf has a slightly different shape,kind of like the Jester on steroids!!

Here is an Updated picture fom 1-15 getting better with age . Each leave has the yellow edge , and the plant with the most light is getting yellow blotching . I believe the Freak was a good name .

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 59