Mag 1.JPG
Mag 4.JPG
Mag 5.JPG
Mag 6.JPG
Mag 7.JPG
Mag 8.JPG
Mag 9.JPG
Mag 10.JPG
Can anyone ID this Magnolia? All photos are of the same flower over a two day period. :D

Last edited:
From another forum, this has been ID'd as Magnolia grandiflora, likely 'Little Gem' :)

Ron, Little Gem would be my guess. How large are the leaves? I went to buy a Little Gem a couple years ago, but ended up with Teddy Bear. I liked the heavy brown velvet fur on the leaf undersides.
IMG_1898.jpgIMG_1900.jpgIMG_1899.jpg

I agree with Little Gem. It really keeps a nice compact habit, and the leaves are the smallest of all of the cultivars. There is a DD Blanchard out there as well, but it can be easily distinguished from Little Gem mostly due to the size of its larger leaves, and the coloration seems to be a touch different too. Awesome tree for me in Key West, delicious fragrance on the blooms, perfect size for Key West properties, and little to no pest issues. It does, however, like its water to look its best.

Tim - this plant is at my job. No one knew what it was. Yes if noticed it has gotten its mojo going with the rains. Perhaps a little fertilizer, I don't think its seen any in years. I have been putting oak leaves around its base. I think it likes it. :eek: