Mirror, Mirror on the Wall ...

Mike - I think Jose may have some cultivars that you don't have. Marie Nock also had a Halloween that may still be there. :cool:

Just finished the family laundry. I'll be heading that way @ 11:00 am ;)

Mike Harris & Lamar showed up today. They both left with some new plants they had to have.

Correction: - post #22 photo #1 is a Geisha Girl but it was grown by Jose.

Sorry Jose :eek:

Moose, You're the best. I love your photo's of the show now that I've had a chance to sit and enjoy them. It was like being there again. It was such a beautiful show with wonderful plant material and it saddened me to see the break down in the end. I agree that Jose had some incredible crotons, but you failed to mention that you also had some rather special ones in the show, as did Marie. I only entered one croton (brillantissama) this year and got a red on it, but was happy with that considering the competition. Crotons definately made a statement in the show this year. Thank you for your post/photos of the show which allowed everyone to feel that they were there with us. Maybe next year they will be. Thanks also for your help and that amazing cheesecake. Marnie

Scott - post 10 photo #1 is an UNknown, also grown by Jose. I've included two more shots here that were also in the thread. It was definitely one of my favorites. You can't tell scale from these photos. It has an overall height of 6 ft with some truly monster leaves.

Ron,
Great pictures! I just had a chance to go through them all. Thanks for posting.

Scott,
The plant in Post 10 is Jose's very ell grown Princess Eugenia. Beautiful isn't it?

Ron,
Great pictures! I just had a chance to go through them all. Thanks for posting.

Scott,
The plant in Post 10 is Jose's very ell grown Princess Eugenia. Beautiful isn't it?

Thanks for the name Marie! I will put Princess Eugenia on my want list.

Here is a strange fern I picked up from one of the vendors ... :)

It caught my eye and I had to have it :eek:

Attachments

• Allaomorpha meyeniana 'Giant' 1.JPG
    Allaomorpha meyeniana 'Giant' 1.JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 141
  • Aglamorpha meyeniana 'Giant' 2.JPG
    Aglamorpha meyeniana 'Giant' 2.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Aglamorpha meyeniana 'Giant' 3.JPG
    Aglamorpha meyeniana 'Giant' 3.JPG
    234.4 KB · Views: 145
I'm gonna get this fern established as an epiphyte on the Mango tree seen in the background of third photo.

As this fern matures, it will reportedly develope huge 6 ft. long cascading leaves. :)

Attachments

• Aglamorpha meyeniana 'Giant' 4.JPG
    Aglamorpha meyeniana 'Giant' 4.JPG
    237.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Aglamorpha meyeniana 'Giant' 5.JPG
    Aglamorpha meyeniana 'Giant' 5.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Aglamorpha meyeniana 'Giant' 6.JPG
    Aglamorpha meyeniana 'Giant' 6.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 132