Croton Bangkok Flame

Laisla

07/05/13
Hi

Firstly I just wanted to say a big "Hi" to all. This is my first post and I am a big croton fan

I wanted to post a pic of this croton sold here as "Bangkok Flame". I can't seem to find any info on it (growth, history ect) and was wondering if anyone could offer anything. It is relatively fast growing and very cold hardy, although it doesn't seem to color-up much for me (it is in partial sun, so maybe that has something to do with it). I think it is a tall grower and not one for branching much.

croton4.JPG

Welcome to the forum :) I cannot say that I have seen this one before.It might just get a bit more colour in more sun ,you should set a cutting and try it in a different location.

Hi

Firstly I just wanted to say a big "Hi" to all. This is my first post and I am a big croton fan

I wanted to post a pic of this croton sold here as "Bangkok Flame". I can't seem to find any info on it (growth, history ect) and was wondering if anyone could offer anything. It is relatively fast growing and very cold hardy, although it doesn't seem to color-up much for me (it is in partial sun, so maybe that has something to do with it). I think it is a tall grower and not one for branching much.

View attachment 18964

Hey Adam! Good to see that Dean was able to get you registered.

There are many varieties of croton cultivars that have been developed down under that have not made it to the States. Captain Kidd is the only cultivar I am framilar with that is of an Australian origin.

Adam - Keep those photos coming. Most of us are in Florida. I love looking at crotons, especially ones I've never seen. :eek: Hope you will be coming here for the 2014 IPS Biennel. I know a few gardens loaded with Palms & great croton collections. ;)

Hey Adam! Good to see that Dean was able to get you registered.

There are many varieties of croton cultivars that have been developed down under that have not made it to the States. Captain Kidd is the only cultivar I am framilar with that is of an Australian origin.

Adam - Keep those photos coming. Most of us are in Florida. I love looking at crotons, especially ones I've never seen. :eek: Hope you will be coming here for the 2014 IPS Biennel. I know a few gardens loaded with Palms & great croton collections. ;)

Thanks Moose. Actually I may get to visit next year, but I wouldn't be able to bring anything back with our strict quarantine laws. Maybe I could bring an Aussie cultivar not there yet!

Here are some of the more common crotons available here. Not all of them are listed on the Wiki page and some (such as Mona Lisa) are completely different.:

http://www.herveybaynurseries.com.au/croton

Hey, I'm new too! The people on this forum are very welcoming and nice, so don't be afraid to ask questions. Thanks for the croton pics. I also love the lemon sorbet and the Eura. Pretty. Sorry I don't have anything to contribute regarding your plant, just wanted to chime in my hi.:cool: Ana