YELLOW..........

Kingdavid

Esteemed Member
17/09/12
LEMONTOP IS YELLOW , BUT DARN THIS MRS ICETONE IS YELLOWWWW .........!!!!

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 133
It gets filtered sun on and off all day but no direct sun ...Under the old oak tree . David

And it is very happy there. There is no evidence however, I believe that oak leaf compost aids in exceptional colors for crotons. Or maybe I just rake and collect oak leaves for the heck of it ... :rolleyes:

Here is one of my favorite crotons , the ramshorn , it has twice given off this beautifull yellow sport . the first time i wasnt patient to take a cutting . This time i will try an airlayer , im keeping my fingers crossed it will work . They are a slow growing type anyhow ,,,, Golden ramshorn sounds good ,only time will tell.....

Attachments

• 195.jpg
    195.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 132
Here is one of my favorite crotons , the ramshorn , it has twice given off this beautifull yellow sport . the first time i wasnt patient to take a cutting . This time i will try an airlayer , im keeping my fingers crossed it will work . They are a slow growing type anyhow ,,,, Golden ramshorn sounds good ,only time will tell.....

I have tried several times to root and airlayer the solid yellow sports. Never has worked, and I have been told that it will not. Its always a first.

David - The "yellow" sports have very little chlorophyll in the leaves. The lack of chlorophyll means that photosynthesis is not making sugars for the plant to thrive. In my opinion, leave the "Golden Rams Horn" on the parent. It will continue to feed off the momma. :)

David - The "yellow" sports have very little chlorophyll in the leaves. The lack of chlorophyll means that photosynthesis is not making sugars for the plant to thrive. In my opinion, leave the "Golden Rams Horn" on the parent. It will continue to feed off the momma. :)

Sounds good to me ...now i know the reason it is happening .... Thanks I just enjoy seeing the vibrant yellows!!!!!

Van Buren likes to play at the yellow game also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 121
A FEW MORE YELLOWS , One of them is a large goldfinger i just airlayered , the other 2 im not sure about , anyone got any ideas ??? The one with the pink stripe is from a plant that was a sport from a Nestor , it is about 5 years old , it gets the yellow sport every year on the same branch , and just like the others i couldnt get it to grow either . but now i know from the Moose to just enjoy the beauty of them . thanks again...

Attachments

• 155.jpg
    155.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 157.jpg
    157.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 169.jpg
    169.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 174.jpg
    174.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 202.jpg
    202.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 117
When i comes to yellow , i think the columbiana is taking yellow up a notch . Most of the leaves are 15 to 18 inches long . the plant was a rescue plant that had so much rust on it from iron water you could not tell what variety it was ..And thanks to you guys i now know what it is . 3 months after transplanting it just took off and completely changed leaf size and colors ......

Attachments

• 086.jpg
    086.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 149
:cool:Lots of new growth after ten days of rain,several really nice yellow blasts. I hope they can hold on and harden up with all that heat coming. 1buddy. 2charmer. 3J.Bender(or the other one)4Mona Lisa 5 ? 6 ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 132
:cool:Lots of new growth after ten days of rain,several really nice yellow blasts. I hope they can hold on and harden up with all that heat coming. 1buddy. 2charmer. 3J.Bender(or the other one)4Mona Lisa 5 ? 6 ?

Nice really like the yellows.you never know if there going stay yellow or change .......

YELLOW ROBERT LAVALOIS really showing its colors , it is one of the yellows that seen to do pretty good in indirect sunlight ,Mine seems to do better in indirect light verses direct light .Love them oak trees ......

Attachments

• 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 140
Ive always thought this was John Bender < but im hearing Meridith ? Which you think ...? It is a fairly fast grower , the cuttings take root very fast ...The purple stem are the trademark Of the Bender or meridith ??

Attachments

• 129.jpg
    129.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 149