No Words 1.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 117
  • No Words 2.jpg
    No Words 2.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 136
  • No Words 3.JPG
    No Words 3.JPG
    243 KB · Views: 111
Ron, gotta love those Red Quill. What is the croton to the left of the Mona Lisa in the second series of pics?

Tim - it was great to meet you last weekend. :D That would be a Madam Fernand Kohl I got at a Searle Brothers Extravaganza on the advice from Rob. "Moose, you gotta get one of these". I'm glad I listened to him! :eek:

Thanks for the response, Ron. What is the first one in post #15? I have a feeling I'm going to be bugging you all for a long, long time. I wish I could see the plants in person. I know I'd remember much better that way.:eek:

Thanks for the response, Ron. What is the first one in post #15? I have a feeling I'm going to be bugging you all for a long, long time. I wish I could see the plants in person. I know I'd remember much better that way.:eek:

Ana - that is Bimbo, its a very slow cultivar so therefore it has a $ price tag if you can locate one. Last one I saw was at the Ramble at Fairchild and it was $95.00. Definitely a "collector's croton". ;)

Attachments

• No Words 29.JPG
    No Words 29.JPG
    240.6 KB · Views: 85
Bimbo is certainly not common but shows up from vendor 57, the guy with the purple tags on is plants, at his sales where I got mine for a lot less.

Phil - I was not suggesting that $95 was the going price for a Bimbo. It was the last one I've seen available for sale. Actually the Bimbo that I saw was a large specimen plant. I asked the vendor if they were asking $100 for the Bimbo, they said $95. For how slow this cultivar is, it was fairly priced in my opinion.

Oh, since we are taking about Bimbo, here are recent photos of the twins :eek:

Attachments

• Twin Bimbos 1.JPG
    Twin Bimbos 1.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Twin Bimbos 2.JPG
    Twin Bimbos 2.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Bimbo.JPG
    Bimbo.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 106