Anyone else?

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
Having a hard time uploading photos here? The Basic Uploader has not worked for me for some time now. I just switched and used the Select Files now that is getting harder to load photos here. Photo size 2.00-2.40 MB.

Scott - I resize my photos to 1024 X 768 pixels and don't have problems. If I try to do large pixels counts, it takes forever and gets resized automatically, usually much smaller than the 1024 X 768 size.

Ron, I hate resizing! I liked when it was resizing for me. I tried a few pics last nite and gave up. I waited 10 min. for a resize and nothing happened. I even tried pics that I had posted before and it would not resize them.

Ron, I hate resizing! I liked when it was resizing for me. I tried a few pics last nite and gave up. I waited 10 min. for a resize and nothing happened. I even tried pics that I had posted before and it would not resize them.

Scott - I used to post using a dial up internet connection. The large pixel photos took a month of Sundays to get auto re-sized. Got into the habit of re-sizing before posting. I don't know what to tell you other than you may need to PM Dean. :confused:

I guess I have posted my last photos here. I have spent to much time trying to upload nothing seems to work even resizing. :mad:

This is a test. Four pics; average size of each pics was 420kb.
First is an aglanomea from Bullwinkle last year; other three look like Voncilla Barley

Attachments

• DSCN4214.jpg
    DSCN4214.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN4216.jpg
    DSCN4216.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN4217.jpg
    DSCN4217.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCN4218.jpg
    DSCN4218.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 165
This is a test. Four pics; average size of each pics was 420kb.
First is an aglanomea from Bullwinkle last year; other three look like Voncilla Barley

Thanks Phil! Problem must be on my end. I have resized and waited 30 min and nothing happens. Posted pics in other sites without a problem. BTW Phil I have wanted to try a few Aglanomea. Are they less cold hardy than a Croton?

Must be a hit or miss thing, now I am back to can't add photos.:mad:

It happened to me two days ago. Now I understand what you guys were talking about. very frustrating!!! :mad: It took multiple attempts re-posting the photos (to match the names) in the Judy's Croton thread . A few times I had to leave Palmpedia and come back because it was looking like it was "locked up". I went to Palm Talk and everything was working well there - so I do not believe it was because of my unit.

Hmmmm - we love photos here and don't need contributors giving up posting. It seems to be affecting multiple forum members now. :(

Dean, Dean, Dean, ... you may have a woodchuck in your wood pile ??? :confused:

Ron, I was adding pictures to my album today and I had to close out and comeback a few times and then it worked. Now that a couple of you are having a problem I know that I am not crazy.

Ron, I was adding pictures to my album today and I had to close out and comeback a few times and then it worked. Now that a couple of you are having a problem I know that I am not crazy.

Scott - no one thought you were crazy. Especially both you and Randy, having posted hundreds of photos here on Palmpedia. The "intermitent" situation appears to becoming more common and expanding. Is there something happening to this site's bandwidth .... ? :confused:

That is a question beyond my knowledge -------------- Dean, Dean, Dean ... :rolleyes:

test

Attachments

• IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0694.jpg
    IMG_0694.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 164
Sorry guys - my first reading of this thread.

I seem to remember something about problems as related to images with "weird" pixel sizes. Can you guys with problems please tell me what are the file and pixel sizes of the photos that you seem to be having troubles with. And if you resize, and are still having problems, how are you resizing them? Are you only reducing file size? Or are you also reducing pixel size? The on-the-fly photo processing software has had a problem with some unorthodox pixel sizes in the past. So I believe if you resize to a "common" pixel size, it should work.

But of course, something else could be happening. So I will await some further info before I take more drastic diagnostics.

Dean, When i try to upload a photo I click on "manage attachments" which brings up the "file upload manager" sub screen & it is blank. When I refresh the reply page & try to upload a photo it works normally.

I do not see the problem in the uploading size of the picture. When I click on the "select files" all is fine and dandy and picture is selected and shows to be attached. I can only select one picture and the "upload file" never pops on screen to upload the picture. I have to exit and come back a few times and it works great. Now the "basic uploader" never!

I posted a bunch of photos early this morning with no problems. Now its doing it again, not allowing photos to be posted. I'll try logging out and reentering again to see if the program will allow me to post photos ??? :mad:

Ron, Just exit the Manage Attachments a few times and it will work. Do not log out.

Attachments

• IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 179
Man Scott that is one great picture. Big mature plants and moss at no extra charge. What is the plant with dark red mid vein? I think I have that one in a few places. It shows lots of different personalities but always keeps that red.

Man Scott that is one great picture. Big mature plants and moss at no extra charge. What is the plant with dark red mid vein? I think I have that one in a few places. It shows lots of different personalities but always keeps that red.

Thanks, The Croton is one of my NOID's from a couple of years ago.

Two Questions for you guys with problems.

1) What browsers are you using, and have you tried another?

2) Are you sure you have the latest version of Flash.

Having said that - there is a ton of problems with Flash lately - with upgrades coming once every few weeks. It is possible my software needs to be upgraded to the latest version because of this. And that is going to be a major ordeal. But first, please provide me with some info regarding the above questions.

Dean, I ran a tune up and everything looks to be working great for me the last few days.

Attachments

• IMG_0784.jpg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 162
I went ahead an changed a setting so that the "Advanced" reply screen comes up automatically instead of having to click Advanced to then be able to upload pics. I had a "hiccup" when testing, so this may help what I experienced. And it also may make it easier for newbies to find their way to the pic uploading system.

Anyway Scott, glad your issue seems to be resolved.

BTW - Nice flower. :)

Its doing it again to me (several times) today :mad

Have not posted for a few weeks and came back today and wanted to post pictures. But that is not going to happen. I am logged in, but it says I am not. Close, refresh same bull. Got this Message " undefined you do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again." :mad:

Come on Scott, keep at it your pic's are to good. I saw on the palm post how to make jewelry and order Italian boots you can surely help me get past that?