The Party's On!

fawnridge

04/07/09
Ain't no stinkin' hurricane comin' here! See you all on Saturday.

114923W5_NL_sm.gif

Thank god it's slowly moving away from where we are. AND, it's not materialized in more strength either so far. The best case scenario for this storm would be to make land fall somewhere near Mississippi and go straight north through the heartland of America where they could use 10-15" of rain.

Jeff - I'm planning on running my sprinklers. How crazy is that? Big ole storm and I doubt we'll get enough rain to add water to a couple of drams of single malt!

Don't worry, Phil, we have lots of room for all the plants you can carry!

I need someone who is coming tomorrow to volunteer a case of water and a bag of ice.

BYOB on all other drinks. There will be single malt for those who are interested after the auction is over.

I just got home from the store with a 24 pak of aquafina. I'm bringing it. Don't know if its enough.

Rob and I will be heading up early to Randy's. I'm bringing among others, Candy cane, Duncan Macaw, a killer looking Tortoise Shell, Sturrock's Pink Veitchii, Irene Kinsley and a few others.

On a sad note, the Glocks will not be heading over like planned. They have left to go down to the Key's house to put shutters on, and put stuff away that might blow away. And also secure their boat better. But either way, Rob and I are looking forward to getting up there early and making a good time of it.

As per my just sent e-mail to Ricky G, I will not be driving over. No riders, possibfle low turnout, intermiitent rain and 7 hrs+ of driving and that $3.70/gal petrol make it an easy call.

As per my just sent e-mail to Ricky G, I will not be driving over. No riders, possibfle low turnout, intermiitent rain and 7 hrs+ of driving and that $3.70/gal petrol make it an easy call.

That's disappointing Phil. I always enjoy seeing you. However, it would not be safe to drive by yourself, you made a sound decision. :)

Seeing the Queen Mary all loaded up inspired me to start loading the Moose Truck in the rain. :eek:

A small crowd may ensure some real bargains. :cool:

Attachments

• Truck.JPG
    Truck.JPG
    419.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Truck 1.JPG
    Truck 1.JPG
    384.5 KB · Views: 89
Sorry Phil. We're still on, in an intimate sorta way. Coffee, OJ & muffins to start. Call my cell if I don't have your name at the gate (954) 292-3095 Last name is Wiesner for the gate.

No one leaves here hungry tomorrow! The two-car garage will be empty by 9:30 tomorrow morning so we can hold the auction in there if it's raining. And there's plenty of room for lunch in the covered patio and the family room / kitchen. We can cruise the garden between rain bands if necessary, but like Randy and I discussed on the phone, neither of us has anything else to do tomorrow! See you all then.

Sorry guys. Looks like a storm a comin'. Got too many things to take care of. If only just to tuck them away somewhere. They say the rain here now is the first of it. If nothing else there will be tropical storm force winds here tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone another time. Chris

Sorry guys. Looks like a storm a comin'. Got too many things to take care of. If only just to tuck them away somewhere. They say the rain here now is the first of it. If nothing else there will be tropical storm force winds here tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone another time. Chris

Ditto here. :( Hurricane watch issued for Miami-Dade County this morning. Being on the dirty side of the storm, we will be seeing some strong wind gusts. Need to move alot of plants ... :mad:

I am headed there now,maybe the weather in miami is bad but in a Broward we are overcast and cool.Very nice garden weather.

Just got off the phone with Randy. Both our gardens are open for visitors, but it looks like the party is going to be postponed for a few months. We'll order pizza for anyone who shows up. Everyone stay safe, stay dry, and we'll get together soon.