Croton Party - Saturday, August 25th

The center is undefined but the storm is wide. It will dwarf Florida when it gets here, and we are on the bad semi-circle. The ground is already very saturated. Maybe it will remain weak, maybe not.

Very wet summer, yard is like a swamp. I have recorded a bit over 36" of rain since June 1st on my weather station. Any rain/wind will cause problems. Impossible to do much garden work this summer.

Still haven't heard from Tikirick, Jerry Treezoo, Marie/Steve, Cookie,...........................

Unfortunately Randy, we're going to miss the tour. We just had major tree work done and we need to put the yard back together. Hope to see your garden another time.

Just got back from the meeting.A small group of dedicated crotonheads made it to the meeting.Surprisingly the weather was perfect ,no rain ,overcast and around 80.Both gardens looked great and while there was no auction many free plants were traded and shared.I picked five varieties that i did not have before.I will post pics of my new plants when my son gets back with the camera.Thanks for hosting the party ,it was great :)

New additions from party starting with Raphael and Louis Dupuy in front with Thea,Alley cat and Miami in the back.A close up of Thea.Thea has the deepest pink of any croton I have seen.

Attachments

• WP_000688.jpg
    WP_000688.jpg
    732.1 KB · Views: 139
  • WP_000689.jpg
    WP_000689.jpg
    622 KB · Views: 136
Ricky,please post a pic of your pastel Dr Frank Brown and your W.F Dreer when the weather gets a bit better.Both of those were fantastic!!Randy a pic of your big leafed unknown (Shirley) would be great.

Jeff, Bill was there with 2 guests,also Jerry from treeZoo and a couple other people were there .the weather ended up being almost perfect for August.

I was there ,would like to thank Randy and Ricky for sat. had a great time
Also like to thank mike for the zulu and tickled pink

Attachments

• IMG_1293.jpg
    IMG_1293.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1292.jpg
    IMG_1292.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 134
Always a treat to enjoy other peoples yards thanks Randy and ricky , jeff i guess you lost a little cash always looking for crotons , Mike was very kind and treating us with some new plants great day for a show , my daughter enjoyed the yards thanks

Thanks to the handful of gardeners who stopped by on Saturday. Special thanks to Mike for the 3 Crotons. As soon as the rain stops tomorrow, they're going in the ground.

While I'm disappointed that many of you who could have come, didn't, I fully understand your decision based on the storm. We'll try this again sometime, perhaps in the Spring.

Thanks for the crotons Ricky and special thanks for my Thea,I have wanted this one forever.November is not too far away, hurricane season will be done soon.

Thanks to the handful of gardeners who stopped by on Saturday. Special thanks to Mike for the 3 Crotons. As soon as the rain stops tomorrow, they're going in the ground.

While I'm disappointed that many of you who could have come, didn't, I fully understand your decision based on the storm. We'll try this again sometime, perhaps in the Spring.