Major Stewart vs. Stewartii

Crazy for Crotons

29/06/09
What is the difference between Major Stewart and Stewartii? I see none. Jeff, please help here. What did Bob Alonzo tell you at the Glock's Christmas party 2 years ago? I think it was then that he pointed out Major Stewart.

Sorry Ray, your right that Bob and Mark put that name on the plant I brought over. The only difference that I could ever see was very little and Stewartii was just a nicer looking plant. maybe the markings were more pronounced. If you come over in October, we can take a look.

Sorry Ray, your right that Bob and Mark put that name on the plant I brought over. The only difference that I could ever see was very little and Stewartii was just a nicer looking plant. maybe the markings were more pronounced. If you come over in October, we can take a look.

Jeff - if Major Stewart is a less than stellar cultivar unworthy of the Searle Croton Ranch, I am sure I could squeeze it in some where in the Moose Land. :rolleyes:

I found a croton at an old home in Coral Gables a couple of months back. Not really sure what it is. Thought it could potentially be a Pink Stewartii. Chris saw it today and was unsure what it is. Chris thinks it should stir up some interest at the auction at Ricky's August 25. :confused: