Cover Girl!!!

covergirl.jpg

It was Found in North Miami, If im not mistaken i removed cuttings and im thinking gave them to Dave McClain many mango seasons ago. Ill have to think about where i got it from, It will come to me im sure :)

Yes, I do have "covergirl" one of my coveted crotons. I've nursed it from a small cutting and it is a slow grower...at least for me. It sits in shade for much of the day. No photos yet....but when it's large enough I'll be happy to trade for other cuttings!

Rick - I missed seeing Cover Girl when you hosted the Croton Garden Tour. Is she still around or was just tucked away? :confused:

Yes, I do have "covergirl" one of my coveted crotons. I've nursed it from a small cutting and it is a slow grower...at least for me. It sits in shade for much of the day. No photos yet....but when it's large enough I'll be happy to trade for other cuttings!

Is often overlooked since it is a small plant. It is just beginning to color out now. I hope this summer it gains some size.

However, it looks nothing as nice as the photo in the Croton Calendar a few years back.

Where did you find it Rick? Jeff mistakenly had Columbia labeled Cover Girl at a recent sale. We didn't know that until Marie and Keith pointed this out on a tour of Jeff's garden.

This is true Ray. BUT....if all goes well, I'm suppose to be finally getting one from somebody. She is making me an airlayer and hopefully will be ready in 6-8 weeks from now. I have not actually seen the plant, but I'm 99% confident it's the true plant. Will take a picture once I get it.

Here is Columbia that I got from Jeff as Cover Girl. This is real beautiful croton and may be even better than the photos I've seen of "the true Cover Girl". :cool:

Sadly, I don't see this on the availability list of crotons posted by Ryan. :(

Hmmm, since Jeff never posted the photo of "Cover Girl", I guess he never got it ... :confused:

Attachments

• Columbia 1.JPG
    Columbia 1.JPG
    383.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Columbia 2.JPG
    Columbia 2.JPG
    410.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Columbia 3.JPG
    Columbia 3.JPG
    462.4 KB · Views: 113