Where is the rain ???

I've heard that but the NWS discussion board keeps saying the weather models are inconsistent. It shows a monsoon one day and parched conditions the next. Personally, if it's May, I'm betting on parched.

Welcome to day 35. It was a cool 92F yesterday with a stiff breeze. Perfect conditons for 100% desiccation and mite proliferation. Today is well into the 90's again and the weekend rain chances keep shrinking.

Ray, feel blessed. You got more out of the last rain event than me. My yard is on life support. It's down right depressing. At least you have those oaks overhead. I've got nothing but palms.

Welcome to day 37. Day 36 had 50% rain chances that as predicted (by me) came and went without a drop. The local meteorologists have been discussing today and tomorrow's rain chances in terms of "sprinkles". It's safe to say the drought conditions are worsening at an accelerated rate.

The 10 day just turned dire. The last time I checked, this week looked hopeful. Zero percent chances most days now. They've even downgraded today to 20% and removed the rain symbol. This totally bites. I can't keep anything hydrated. :mad:

For us here in Tampa/St Pete hope is out there!

Attachments

• b_xm0.jpg
    b_xm0.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 140
A real good soaking for me yesterday. :cool:

Attachments

• vws1746.jpg
    vws1746.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 212
Another massive rain event here today.I will have to drain pool for the second time this week.I have had at least 6 ins of rain over the past 72 hours.

That sounds like the rain we get here in Puna...my rain gauge is at 57" for the past 5 months...but the rain has stopped. When we have dry periods here everything turns brown really fast due to our "soil" being lava. I live on catchment as well so a drought here reeeeeally sucks!

As long as it keeps raining on a regular basis, I'll keep letting Ray know. Lol! We got 2 1/2 " on sunday. Wow! It's been a real rainy spring / early summer. But...the plants look damn nice if I must say.

I'm up to mowing the lawn every five days now. :mad:

Jeff - I've never seen your croton collection look any better than what I saw on Saturday. :cool:

Bullwinkle's collection looked the best I have seen. :cool: I was confused when he told me things were not looking so well. Just a few biggins have not recovered yet.

Mike Harris' place is a paradise. Just when you think it could not look any better - wow, he out does himself again. When Chris (pocomo) arrived early to drop off plants and tables, we were amazed just coming through the gate how perfect his crotons looked. :cool:

As long as it keeps raining on a regular basis, I'll keep letting Ray know. Lol! We got 2 1/2 " on sunday. Wow! It's been a real rainy spring / early summer. But...the plants look damn nice if I must say.

It did miss me Ron. I was in Key West for the "rain" event last week and the rain gauge wasn't very convincing upon my return. It does still rain in Florida though. Even typically dry Key West had lots of rain while I was down there.

We'll call today consecutive day 47 without meaningful rain.

Miami had more rain yesterday (9+) inches than Tampa has had all year.

I can mow my lawn once a month now :p

Even considering the slightly sloped side of the wheelbarrow, 12 inches of water in it and totally filled up after yesterdays rain. Hey you guys, come get some water!

Attachments

• P1120141a.jpg
    P1120141a.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 150
Back to desert like conditions here in NE St Pete. Totally depressing. My allergies have been off the charts from this lack of rain too:mad: I envy you east coasters. Can't wait to escape to WI for 10 days soon. This heat and no rain is brutal.

High of 96f and some rain to cool things off a little.

Attachments

• broadcast.jpg
    broadcast.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 161
Hate to say it, but we closed up at noon today, we had a steady drizzle for a couple of hours in the morning. Then went home and at 2pm, the skies openned up. By 4pm, the skies were blue, sunshine and no clouds. Go figure!

Pour a libation in thanksgiving to Tlaloc, the Aztec rain god, or whatever one you prefer - 1.5" of rain tonight here in the S. Pinellas Desert; a clear moon set in the East and a great light show with lots of cloud-to-cloud lightning over Manatee County.

Bren,

You and Phil got a deluge tonight. I now stand alone as the rainfree king! We're pushing 50 days baby! I enjoyed a meaningless 15 minute drizzle today after the nice balmy high of 96F. If you stay dry under an oak, it's not rain.

Ray, Your day will come for the rain, and hope it is soon. I really thought I was going to get missed today. The storms developed NW of me moving to the west, then grew back to the east a little then moved back west over me and sit. Total today was 1.67" giving me a total now for the month of 3.5". Hold in there Ray.