Where is the rain ???

The more "certain" the forecast becomes, the more skeptical I become. I can see the whole blob of moisture passing to our south or north like it often does. April isn't one of the 2 driest months of the year for nothing. Up north, April showers bring flowers. In Florida, April drought brings wildfires, plenty of irrigation, an emptying aquifer and impending 1 day a week watering restrictions.

not quite 1/2" but the usual downed Royal Palm fronds and collateral damage....

Attachments

• DSCN3759.jpg
    DSCN3759.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 133
yes, a whopping 1/2" more here in the south Pinellas desert - along with a wind gust that took down a 48 ft tall culm of B. oldhamii - fortunately, hardly any croton damage

Attachments

• DSCN3762.jpg
    DSCN3762.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCN3764.jpg
    DSCN3764.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN3766.jpg
    DSCN3766.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 139
Received 1" of rain here yesterday/this AM, no high winds and no damage.

Dang, there is some nice raining happening at Moose Land ! :cool:

Just finished stepping up 22 crotons to larger containers.

Drink, drink, drink my little pretties :eek: - absorb that nitrogen enriched elixir from the sky. :D

We are on a roll right now with each day getting hotter and hotter. It was a cool 92F yesterday in the shade with no meaningful rain in sight. How high can we go today? 94, 95? The next week has a combined rain chance of 20%. Divided by 7 days that's a daily 2.85% chance of rain.

Tumbleweed weather continues.

Attachments

• tumbleweeds02.jpg
    tumbleweeds02.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 146
I might have to build a small ark and rescue two of every croton variety to ensure their well being for future generations.

On a side note, I just ran the sprinklers last night, no rain the entire last week. Lol!

We actually got a real nice thunder and lightning storm last night, close to 2/10". Better than nothing...

Looking at the radar, it looks like Jeff is getting some nice rain right now. The three gardens we will visit during the Croton Tour seem to be getting a fair amount of rain as well. All the crotons should be looking real sweet when we visit. :cool:

Sunday the Moose spread 150 lbs. of fertilizer. Its getting gently washed in right now. All container plants got a granular feeding as well. Everything should be happy. The airport reports 1/2" of rain, I believe we saw more rain than that. :eek:

Flood warnings for southern and west Miami Dade County. Some areas experienced more than 4" of rain this afternoon. :eek:

Been getting some good rain over the past 2 days,plants are not at their best but hopefully will be looking better in 10 days for the tour.Some new leaves starting to flush so things should be improving.It was a wierd winter for me,not very cold but my plants lost alot of color.My Columbiana and Columbia both greened out??Hopefully once they start flushing again the color will return??

Looking at the radar, it looks like Jeff is getting some nice rain right now. The three gardens we will visit during the Croton Tour seem to be getting a fair amount of rain as well. All the crotons should be looking real sweet when we visit. :cool:

Sunday the Moose spread 150 lbs. of fertilizer. Its getting gently washed in right now. All container plants got a granular feeding as well. Everything should be happy. The airport reports 1/2" of rain, I believe we saw more rain than that. :eek:

Flood warnings for southern and west Miami Dade County. Some areas experienced more than 4" of rain this afternoon. :eek:

Closed down at 4pm yesterday because of very threatning rain, thunder and lightning. Got some rain, not as much as I thought we were going to get. The garden is really showing it, especially the grass!