Grandma revisited

junglegal

Esteemed Member
30/03/08
Well Moose,

Here she is months on. Just starting to color up a bit. How is yours doing? She'll be moved into a 7gal pot soon. Still a mystery to everyone or do we know what she is yet? :confused:

Attachments

• grandma1.jpg
    grandma1.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 72
Bren - good to see your post. The Jury is still out on "Grandma". White Ann Rutherford (formerly Island Breeze) seems very variable on my plant. If White Ann Rutherford is a sport of Ann Rutherford, it makes sense that Ann Rutherford could be variable as well. Ray may be swaying me towards the Ann Rutherford camp.

You and Judy Glock have the biggest air layers from the mother plant. The Momma plant got so heavily air layered preping it to be transplanted, it is still in recovery. Lots of new growth but no thick heavy branches which takes time. I wish we could get Bob Alonso to get a gander at your or Judy's "Grandma".

Speaking to Marie Nock recently, I told her that "I wish 'Grandma' would end up being 'something'." Her reply: "Grandma" already is something. :p

Bren - I think you should try Grandma in the ground. The mother plant is 50+ years old and I suspect may be cold hardy. I will replace your croton if it carks. Hey, one less 7 gallon croton to schlepp around in the winter! ;)