Nevilla

Phil Stager

Esteemed Member
04/07/09
Anyone growing this one? and a pic of a larger plant ?? This was a cutting that got lost over two lousy winters and has finally settled in and started growing. Leaves are approx 9 -10: long

Attachments

• DSCN3723.jpg
    DSCN3723.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN3724.jpg
    DSCN3724.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 102
Anyone growing this one? and a pic of a larger plant ?? This was a cutting that got lost over two lousy winters and has finally settled in and started growing. Leaves are approx 9 -10: long

Phil - I have not heard of it either. At least you saved your old picture so we have an idea what it kinda looks like. I wonder if this could be the one Ricky and Randy have as "Montoya Circle"?

Keith has one of just about everything. Does he have a survivor? :confused:

My croton mind would love to know more. :eek:

Hmmmm, I have asked many here on the East Coast about this cultivar. Haven't found anyone that knows this cultivar. Is this a cultivar that is known only on the West Coast? Where did you get it Phil? Curious that the birthplace of the Croton Society was the West Coast. You would figure there would be more comments from there? :confused:

Would be nice if we could get some established over here since this appears to be a bit of a cold sensitive cultivar. The west coast will continue to get the anomaly cold winters about every 10 years. :p

The name came written in block letters on a wooden stick with the plant which I recall getting the last time we met at the Glocks. That's all that I know.
Attached pics show the plant today.

Attachments

• DSCN4650.jpg
    DSCN4650.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN4651.jpg
    DSCN4651.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 60
Mark Wooten was the only person who brought cuttings if my memory serves me correctly. But it was Dec. 10, 2010, a perfect afternoon. Little did we know we would be in for such a harsh winter. Kudos to you Phil for getting it to root.