Ann Rutherford ?

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
The quest for Ann Rutherford continues or perhaps not? What many have as an Ann Rutherford may be erroneous. Reportedly Ann Rutherford does not show orange colors.

My question is, could this be the true Ann Rutherford ?:confused:

Attachments

• Ann 3.jpg
    Ann 3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Ann 4.jpg
    Ann 4.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Ann 2.jpg
    Ann 2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 64
Ron, Here is a photo of the true Ann Rutherford....:D. The Ann Rutherford Croton was not named after this actress.

Attachments

• Ann_Rutherford_in_Love_Finds_Andy_Hardy_trailer_2.jpg
    Ann_Rutherford_in_Love_Finds_Andy_Hardy_trailer_2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 162
There is an access to this plant. Imput is needed here! Should I attempt to propogate this croton for distribution? :confused:

Attachments

• Ann 6.jpg
    Ann 6.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Ann 5.jpg
    Ann 5.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 50
Ron,

I recently came to the conclusion that these plants floating around that have all the orange in them is probably Kentucky, not Ann Rutherford. I base this on, these plants all look exactly like Kentucky with so much orange and the picture in the book shows a black leaf with dark red veining.

Ron, it's maybe too early to say if your croton in the picture is really Ann Rutherford. We might need others to look at it. I too have a plant that looks identical to the picture in the book and came out of a very old collection. I want others to look at it too as well.

Ron,

I recently came to the conclusion that these plants floating around that have all the orange in them is probably Kentucky, not Ann Rutherford. I base this on, these plants all look exactly like Kentucky with so much orange and the picture in the book shows a black leaf with dark red veining.

Ron, it's maybe too early to say if your croton in the picture is really Ann Rutherford. We might need others to look at it. I too have a plant that looks identical to the picture in the book and came out of a very old collection. I want others to look at it too as well.

Jeff - not completely sold that the "floating around" plants are Kentucky. :confused: I have one and keep checking it out, looks distict from my Kentucky although both have different sunlight exposure. At the very least they could be a very nice form of Kentucky in my opinion. :)