John Halgrim Jr.

Crotonologist

12/11/10
I've always thought this was a fantastic looking croton as pictured on page 82 in Crotons of the World...
Is this one still around?
Anyone have pictures of this variety?

Did anyone ever ask Dr. Brown if we can post his photos in the wiki?

I'm sure there's a plant around, here and there, but not much. It appears it's a plant that people arn't willing to share(??). Which means it's destine to be lost.....

:confused:???

It had larger leaves with much more green when I bought it several years ago. It looked like Excellent. I feel that it needs more sunlight to show its true color.

Attachments

• сентябрь 2010 199.jpg
    сентябрь 2010 199.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 106
John Jr. living happy here on the west coast with the other Halgrims, Nellie - Robert -Tommy -Cornelius

There are so many great Halgrim crotons like Skeet Jones, Nocatee etc. that I've only seen in photos.

I got a cutting of Tommy Halgrim from Mark Hooten at our meeting here Dec. 10. It is still a small corkscew leaf croton and is alive and planted in the Keys.
I remember very well the John Halgrim, Jr. croton and where it was planted in Bob Halgrim's yard and am glad to hear that it is alive and well, Keith!

How about a rare posting of a pic from the Glocks? :p

I got a cutting of Tommy Halgrim from Mark Hooten at our meeting here Dec. 10. It is still a small corkscew leaf croton and is alive and planted in the Keys.
I remember very well the John Halgrim, Jr. croton and where it was planted in Bob Halgrim's yard and am glad to hear that it is alive and well, Keith!

Halgrim hybrid Skeet Jones is super, super rare. I dont know of anyone who has it. Ive tried to trade it to known collectors- but they have no interest in it. But moose the collector will be getting one and a Tommy Halgrim at the next meeting. I do have a few extras of each and a Nocatee for the auction and or trade.