lesco 8-10-10

14/01/12
I went all out and got a 50lb bag this go around instead of the two 20lb SunniLands that I've gotten in years past.
Last year I bought one 20lb bag, and ended up going back a couple days later for another, totalling 40lbs...

Has anyone else used this 'specially coated' fancy-schmancy palm and ornamental fertilizer... Is it really worth the loot or did I get scammed :confused:

Thanks.

~Ray.

Attachments

• Picture 805.jpg
    Picture 805.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 280
my other option was some vigoro 8-4-8 @ $12.98 for 20lbs. I would've needed two bags, so that's, say $26 for 40lbs.
The lesco was $29.98 for the 50lb bag. What's this stuff run on the islands... Orange BigBox. Prolly tax'd big time for the island hop expense!

~Ray.

Ray, I use the Lesco and the Sunniland. I usually alternate the two and feed every 3 months.

my other option was some vigoro 8-4-8 @ $12.98 for 20lbs. I would've needed two bags, so that's, say $26 for 40lbs.
The lesco was $29.98 for the 50lb bag. What's this stuff run on the islands... Orange BigBox. Prolly tax'd big time for the island hop expense!

~Ray.

Ray - it depends on your soil Ph. Vigoro uses Potassium & Magnesium oxides in their mix. If you have typical Florida 7.3 - 6.8 Ph soil, these mineral salts cannot be absorbed by your palms. Lesco uses Potassium & Magnesium sulfate. I do not use the product but know of others who have splendid results with it. Price seems about right. Its apples and oranges, not all fertilizers are the same.

IMO Vigoro is not worth the loot and is a scam. :rolleyes:

The only real choice is what HD or L***S you go to in my area. The stores located to my south and west sell fertilizer without nitrogen as they are located to close to the bay. If I drive to the stores located to the north-east of me the fertilizer contains nitrogen.

Is it natural or artificial? By the way, if it helps in the growing of your trees, I can say that it is good. But, try to search for more advanced technology regarding this matter.