C. Pretty Bird

Marie Nock

04/07/09
This is Pretty Bird. Keith will have to give you the name of the fellow who developed it.

Attachments

• DSC_0649.jpg
    DSC_0649.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_0650.jpg
    DSC_0650.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 88
His name is Steve, for privacy reasons I wont post his last name. He was a member of the croton society, but he is no longer into crotons. He also produced Three Toes. Nice plant Marie, I notice a big difference in the way the plant looks if it is grown in strong light or deep shade.

His name is Steve, for privacy reasons I wont post his last name. He was a member of the croton society, but he is no longer into crotons. He also produced Three Toes. Nice plant Marie, I notice a big difference in the way the plant looks if it is grown in strong light or deep shade.

Keith - knowing Marie's shady growing conditions, how about posting a photo of yours in strong light? :confused:

I agree with Ray, definitely a gorgeous looking croton. :cool:

Marie - thank you for posting your pictures. Every time I take a saunter through your collection, I experience a croton overload and often do not recollect all that I have seen. :eek:

Thanks for re-upping this post, Ron - I searched on here for mention of Pretty Bird after the auction. I was trying to determine my favorite prize from the auction - very difficult task for sure! I keep going back to my little "Pretty Bird."

Thanks for asking, Anna - I haven't posted photos in forever. Here is C. Pretty Bird. Not as big and lush as the one in Marie's post, but it will get there! Hope you're enjoying your auction prizes. There is a great thread on here started by Ron about Black Beauty, which I think you took home. You may have already read it. If not, search for it - you will get a kick out of it. It's full of history, intrigue and hilarity!

Attachments

• pretty bird-5.8.13.JPG
    pretty bird-5.8.13.JPG
    299.7 KB · Views: 60
Thanks so much for posting the photo, Leslie! Your Pretty Bird looks like a great plant. I know you'll enjoy growing it out and it will be gorgeous in a year.

I did get your Black Beauty. Thanks. Such a nice, healthy plant. I've got it planted where hopefully it will keep its dark color and thrive. Yes, I've read all the back posts on Black Beauty so I'm aware of the history. Too funny. Thanks again for taking the time to post the pic.

Ana:)