Solid Green

fawnridge

04/07/09
All are seedlings. The first one is a seedling from President Reagan (closest large bloomer). Second and third (a closeup) look like Carot and one leaf has a small yellow blotch. This one is around 8 years old. There are at least five seedlings in the fourth picture. The two big ones are solid green. Number five is a seedling from Kentucky. Leaves are over a foot long not including the petiole. Last one is Cup & Saucer, again a seedling. The original plant was destroyed in Francis.

Attachments

• green6.jpg
    green6.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 87
  • green1.jpg
    green1.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 71
  • green2.jpg
    green2.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 81
  • green3.jpg
    green3.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 110
  • green4.jpg
    green4.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 78
  • green5.jpg
    green5.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 95
Trash or treasure?

Attachments

• IMG_6343.jpg
    IMG_6343.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6341.jpg
    IMG_6341.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 71
All are seedlings. The first one is a seedling from President Reagan (closest large bloomer). Second and third (a closeup) look like Carot and one leaf has a small yellow blotch. This one is around 8 years old. There are at least five seedlings in the fourth picture. The two big ones are solid green. Number five is a seedling from Kentucky. Leaves are over a foot long not including the petiole. Last one is Cup & Saucer, again a seedling. The original plant was destroyed in Francis.

I really like the look and texture of the last one.

Nice looking croton. I think they are unique looking. I would plant them. Thanks for the photos. That is interesting you got so many seedling that turned out like this. Just think you have croton in your yard that no one else has!

Does the new growth have color on it or does more sun exposure change them at all?

Every now and then, I'll get a yellow spot or small splotch of yellow on a single leaf. Sun does nothing for them. I must have several hundred seedlings coming up in the garden. When one shows color, I baby it until I get several new generations of leaves. Most are yanked. But these I let grow and would never toss them in the trash pile.