Thanks to Jeff and Andrea Searle for hosting the gathering!

TikiRick

21/06/09
About 50-55 crotonheads, some veterans, some rookies, joined together for a croton festival. Silent auction, great unusual crotons, good food, and wonderful company made it a great day.
I'm sure photos are forthcoming.

Thanks again Jeff and Andrea!

Jeff and Andrea,
Thanks for your wonderful hospitality. Your place looks gorgeous with the crotons at their peak!

Thanks to everyone who came with crotons for auction or trade and a gourmet feast. What a wonderful day! It was croton heaven.

This was a magical event in an amazing garden....thanks to our hosts Jeff & Andrea

We need to not let the momentum die....and reform a cotton society

Croton utopia - many thanks to our hosts! :)

Attachments

• gardening.jpg
    gardening.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 246
  • Croton Bug.jpg
    Croton Bug.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 249
What fun!!! Andrea and myself along with Rob and Chris, who both slept over were just talking all morning on how great a time it was yesterday. The food was excellent that everyone brought, the weather turned out to be nice, well organized and a huge turnout of croton enthusiast that came from all over the state. The selection of croton varieties was the best I had ever seen for a get together. Jim Glock spoke for a few mintues and the discussion of a new Croton Society was brought up.

Ryan (Palmarum) took over 200 pictures of the day and will soon start posting them. Many thanks for all that came and brought something. Can't wait until we do this again!
Jeff

Jeff and Andy what a great day we had yesterday. Thank you for your very hard work in preparation for the meeting. The yard looked fantastic and I know that it takes hours, days, and weeks to prepare for such a grand event. Ryan can you send me a disc with the pictures that you took at the meeting. Thank you for being our ICS photographer; I hope that someday we can help you with your expense with your "film":) Ron, can you send me the file with the "Bit by the Croton Bug", I think that is neat and has a place in our future. I think that we have all been bit by the coton bug. Lastly I wanted to thank everyone from bringing their plants and participating in the auction; what great fun. What great food and fun we had yesterday.

This bus will get back on the road! I look forward to many more meetings and garden events. Jeff and Andrea are most gracious hosts and we all look forward to a return meeting at their garden.
Jim Glock

A few random pics of the crowd milling about the silent auction crotons before a fine lunch and the auction:

Attachments

• DSCN3544.jpg
    DSCN3544.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCN3545.jpg
    DSCN3545.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCN3546.jpg
    DSCN3546.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCN3548.jpg
    DSCN3548.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 114
Had a really good time. Lots of nice people and good food. Had an interesting time at the sleepover. Lot of good discussion and a new dog gone. I guess. Have to do it again sometime. Thanks Searles'. Chris

I would like to mention and acknowledge a few that drove long distances to the meeting.

Jerry and Brenda Schilling.....Key West
Keith....Bradenton
Phil...St. Petesburg
Ray....Tampa (maybe the farthest drive of anyone)

Many thanks to you all for driving such long ways.
Jeff

Very nice and impressive yard Jeff and Andrea. Thanks for showing it off.

And my appologies to you. You are to be included in the above list of some of the long distance travelers. Another long drive from the Tampa area, thanks!

Thank you for all the nice comments. Andrea and I had a wonderful time and appreciate everyone that came.
Jeff

I noticed the Glocks didn't make the list of long distance travelers. They must be Pate'. :rolleyes:

LOL :D

And my appologies to you. You are to be included in the above list of some of the long distance travelers. Another long drive from the Tampa area, thanks!

Thank you for all the nice comments. Andrea and I had a wonderful time and appreciate everyone that came.
Jeff

Hey all you croton buddies - I also want to say thanks to Jeff and Andrea for their hospitality and for hosting such an amazing meeting, auction and luncheon. I have definitely been bitten by that Croton Bug. Although I am yet a baby in the croton world I look forward to learning from so many wise and experienced teachers and eagerly await our next croton encounter!

While Jeff was leading a tour, my husband Steve was taking a number of croton shots that I'll post w/out names.

Jeff Searle's Crotons 002.jpgJeff Searle's Crotons 015.jpgJeff Searle's Crotons 013.jpgJeff Searle's Crotons 012.jpgJeff Searle's Crotons 011.jpgJeff Searle's Crotons 009.jpgJeff Searle's Crotons 008.jpgJeff Searle's Crotons 006.jpgJeff Searle's Crotons 005.jpgJeff Searle's Crotons 016.jpg

And more...

Attachments

• Jeff Searle's Crotons 035.jpg
    Jeff Searle's Crotons 035.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Jeff Searle's Crotons 038.jpg
    Jeff Searle's Crotons 038.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Jeff Searle's Crotons 036.jpg
    Jeff Searle's Crotons 036.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Jeff Searle's Crotons 040.jpg