Beatles / Spanish Trivia Contest

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Using the five Beatles (I'm including Pete Best, the drummer before Ringo) first names - name their spanish equivalent:

Next: Recorded by one of the Beatles in the early years of the group - there was a song recorded in Spanish. Name the Beatle and the song recorded.

Before Scott jumps on me about this relating to crotons - here is the connection. First person who answers all correctly (7 answers) wins a prize: a small air layered "Grandma" cultivar. I will deliver it to you at the Croton Tour, you can make arrangements to have it picked up at the Croton Tour tomorrow by someone else or you will have to visit Moose Land to pick it up.

Peyton (Crotonologist) Aaron (Bags) & Sergey - sorry but this may exclude you guys from the prize due to the distance issues. Besides, Peyton aleady had cuttings of "Grandma" sent to him which I believe are doing well. Plus Peyton is the master at finding information using the internet, he could research this and provide answers promptly.

Curious how long it will be before we find a winner? I will be the judging and declare who the winner is. This may be a little trickier than you think unless you are a die hard Beatles fan - like the Moose! :)

Attachments

• Happy Moose.jpg
    Happy Moose.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 109
Juan, Pablo, Pedro, Ricardo and Jorge.... Sun King John lead vocals.

OK - I going to have to declare Scott the winner.

John Lennon = Juan
Paul McCartney = Pablo
George Harrison = Jorge
Richard Starkey (Ringo) = Ricardo
Pete Best = Pedro

I was looking for a different song other than the Sun King. The Sun King was partially done in spanish. However it must be accepted as a qualifier for the contest.

The song I had in mind was Besame Mucho by Paul McCartney - released later on one of the Anthology Albums.

Scott - if you do not come to the Croton Garden Tour today, I will give your prize "Grandma" to Phil to bring back to the west coast.

Good job! :)

Ron, Wow! I knew Sun King was not what you were looking for. Did not know of the of the other song, Phil is welcome to the Grandma to grow on the west coast.

:) Scott - I gave a "Grandma" to Phil when he came over this way for the Searle Brothers Extravaganza. Ray is riding with Phil so you can probably get it from him if he is closer to you. It's already loaded on the truck. :)

I am sure you have room for a "Grandma" in Scott Land. You could be the test case to its cold hardiness. :cool:

Ron, Wow! I knew Sun King was not what you were looking for. Did not know of the of the other song, Phil is welcome to the Grandma to grow on the west coast.

Ron, Ray has shared Crotons with me in the past. I will be happy to see Ray keep and grow Grandma.