Number 2 of unknowns.

Bullwinkle

Esteemed Member
17/11/10
This one starts out with a green and slowly goes pink.

Attachments

• IMG_8954.jpg
    IMG_8954.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_8956.jpg
    IMG_8956.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 94
This one looks Mona Lisa-ish. When the time comes I'll trade a Claude Lorraine or the Connie Cutler looking croton I posted a few weeks ago. Gotta love those pinks.

Sounds great,I had thought Mona Lisa but it it not an exact match.

This one looks Mona Lisa-ish. When the time comes I'll trade a Claude Lorraine or the Connie Cutler looking croton I posted a few weeks ago. Gotta love those pinks.

I'm almost positive it's Mona Lisa. Here are three photos of mine for comparison. Mona Lisa needs sun to really look its best. Mine, and I'm guessing yours, is in too much shade.

Attachments

• mona3.jpg
    mona3.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 88
  • mona1.jpg
    mona1.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 59
  • mona2.jpg
    mona2.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 67
I was guessing Mona at first but this one seems to be a medium fast grower.After I got it ,it started flushing a whole bunch of new leaves and it certainly has grown a bit over the past 6 weeks,but again it might have been the tremendous amount of rain that fell the week that I got it??I would be very happy for it to be a Mona as I have a little one that has not grown at all in 18 months.

I'm almost positive it's Mona Lisa. Here are three photos of mine for comparison. Mona Lisa needs sun to really look its best. Mine, and I'm guessing yours, is in too much shade.

Hey guys,

Remember, one of the most important ways to seperate one group from another is their leaf shape. Do you see a difference?

Yes and no. I see at least 3 different leaf shapes on both of them. Shoulders, no shoulders, pointed tip, blunt tip. I'm going more on color pattern, which looks the same.

Interesting stuff,let us see how it develops over the next year or so.It would be nice if it was a fast growing Mona Lisa,but I doubt there is such a thing.My guess is the growth spurt I am noticing is from the deluge of last month or it is not Mona Lisa.Either way it is very pretty :)