Croton Shirts?

TikiRick

21/06/09
Tropical tee shirts and/or Hawaiian shirts that have palms, orchids, heliconias, and philodendrons are fairly easy to find.

I am continually looking for shirts with crotons. Is there such a shirt? I can't find any. Not even a Hawaiian shirt with SOME crotons on them.

There was a Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden Ramble poster many years ago that featured a croton...and the poster was transferred on to tee shirts for sale in the FTBG gift shop....but since then I have not seen a shirt with any rare/colorful crotons....Do you have a croton shirt?

DEAN???? Whatchya say? Any shirts planned with multiple cultivars on them?

Rick,
I bought a croton aloha shirt from Avanti in Hawaii. I wore it to the last croton meeting at Jeff's. They make men's and women's shirts but they're 100% silk. They have a web site but I don't know the url.
Marie

Tropical tee shirts and/or Hawaiian shirts that have palms, orchids, heliconias, and philodendrons are fairly easy to find.

I am continually looking for shirts with crotons. Is there such a shirt? I can't find any. Not even a Hawaiian shirt with SOME crotons on them.

There was a Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden Ramble poster many years ago that featured a croton...and the poster was transferred on to tee shirts for sale in the FTBG gift shop....but since then I have not seen a shirt with any rare/colorful crotons....Do you have a croton shirt?

Dean has one in the on-line store (click onto link in upper right hand corner). You would think that Tommy Bahama would had made some? :confused:

Reminds me MooseMan - I owe you a shirt for being such a Palmpedia kingpin. It's just that I am having a problem ordering a Tangerine colored shirt with that Pinkish design. Can you say 'clash.' I think it would look a little "pimpy." Or is that the look you are after? :) Can I talk you into another color so I can get that on the way to you?

Rick,

I have offered here before. If I have the proper photo, I can make nice shirts. But I dont' have access to the nice cultivars over here to take any. I would need someone with a good camera, and some good cultivars, to get on the phone with me so I can tell them how to take the photos properly. I includes a uniform background, like the green screen principle. And I need a certain resolution. Are you up for giving it a try Rick. I believe you have both the camera and crotons. And I can clue you in on the technique pretty easily. It's worth a try.

I am just not excited about the standard rectangular photo reprint on a shirt. It looks just like a photo on a shirt. I like to have my designs look more "professional." That is, as you see with the design "floating" on the shirt. But I can do that design and frame it with a bamboo frame. It looks a little more polished that way.

Reminds me MooseMan - I owe you a shirt for being such a Palmpedia kingpin. It's just that I am having a problem ordering a Tangerine colored shirt with that Pinkish design. Can you say 'clash.' I think it would look a little "pimpy." Or is that the look you are after? :) Can I talk you into another color so I can get that on the way to you?

Dean:

Answer: Forest green then.

Wish I had some worthy cultivars and a camera to capture the images you desire. :rolleyes:

Rick's crotons look way better than mine.

Dean - Bren is supposed to be at Jeff's Croton Garden Tour Nov. 19th. Since you are in Hawaii, I could give her a proxy spanking for you. :rolleyes: After that - the Moose would surely no longer be physically able to post. Bren is a sweetheart, but the tough angry Green Bay Packers fan would emerge if I did that. :eek:

I am sure Bren is extremely busy is all ... ;)

Got it. :) I sent one to Jungle Gal in appreciation of her contributions, and then she goes MIA. You better not do the same.

(Bren, are you out there?)

I'm still here!

I'm in the middle of a 2 wk gov't audit for work and there were several wks of prep time before this thing started last wk. :mad:

Just getting blasted at work and coming home exhausted. I plan on making Jeff's party and then my schedule will be freed up mid Dec.

Dean, I will be wearing my croton shirt to the party :)