more

Attachments

• IMG_4910.jpg
    IMG_4910.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4911.jpg
    IMG_4911.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 86
Nice Sago in pic 2,you dont see those too much down here anymore due to the scale.
They are not seen around here too much anymore. They get more coffee than I do these days. Here is my cycas taitungensis.

Attachments

• IMG_4505.jpg
    IMG_4505.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 83
Wow Scott, it looks very healthy. Remember when Sago's could be found in almost every yard? I sure hope the Sabal Palmetto doesn't have this happen with the Texas Phoenix Decline.
I hear the Phoenix sylvestris are declining in Lakeland now.

A bit off-topic, but Texas Palm Decline (TPD)affects not only palms in the genus Phoenix but also those in the genera Sabal, Syagrus, Washingtonia and intergeneric hybrids like Syagrus x Butia. The IFAS website has lots of good info on current palm diseases here in Florida and far more accurate than a newspaper article (although this one was pretty good).

A bit off-topic, but Texas Palm Decline (TPD)affects not only palms in the genus Phoenix but also those in the genera Sabal, Syagrus, Washingtonia and intergeneric hybrids like Syagrus x Butia. The IFAS website has lots of good info on current palm diseases here in Florida and far more accurate than a newspaper article (although this one was pretty good).

Phil, I found the newspaper article as news. I have not seen any other information on TPD affecting FL on the other palm sites. First I knew of this was a small article in the Tampa paper a couple weeks ago.

Scott -
Check out www.ifas.ufl.edu/pp163 for all you want to know about TPD. In my yard, I've lost a Sabal causiarum and Washingtonia; at the Kopsick Arboretum, we've lost all three Mule palms, a Washie and along the waterfront several Sabals. Many were confirmed by DNA analysis thanks to the help from Monica Elliot at IFAS.
To keep this somewhat on topic, also good info at IFAS on croton scale.

Gentleman, as a major palm lover I thank you for the links regarding the new malady that can affect our palms. I must refer back to Scott's posts #1, 2, 3, 5 & 8. His garden makes Moose Land look like a crack house. Absolutely amazing Scott. :cool: Scott Land is screaming to be a host of a garden tour next year!!! :eek:

Just my opinion. :)

Ron, Thanks! You think I am going to post pictures of the bad parts? No way! :D But I am working on that at this time with many plans in the works. I also think my Croton collection would not fulfill the expectations of the Croton collector. My garden is a diverse garden with many small collections of plants.