Tropical Storm Irene looks to heading our way.

Models seem to have a pretty wide range of possibilities.Should be very wet next weekend.Hopefully not too much wind.

I am using my Super Power of Telekinesis to keep the major winds offshore, and bring in some much needed rain. It works better if we all think the same thoughts.

Here is a sight I use for tracking, see, my powers are working already!.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/ Oooh! Look at the pretty colors.

I hope Charleston gets spared.Many old historic buildings in that area,and they certainly are not hurricane hardened.Offshore with lots of rain sounds great to me.

I was surprised by the amount of rain we got from that last near miss storm. Usually if a hurricane or storm comes close but does not hit directly, it sucks all the rainy weather into it and leaves the surrounding areas drier than usual. If the storm stays on today's projected path, it could leave us a week without rain.

Attachments

• Floyd-the-barber.jpg
    Floyd-the-barber.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 108
I was surprised by the amount of rain we got from that last near miss storm. Usually if a hurricane or storm comes close but does not hit directly, it sucks all the rainy weather into it and leaves the surrounding areas drier than usual. If the storm stays on today's projected path, it could leave us a week without rain.

Time to start planting cactus.

Interesting model track progression.

1.First Gulf of Mexico/Florida 5 days ago
2.South Florida 4 days ago
3.Savannah 2 days ago
4.Charleston yesterday
5.Then Outer Banks today
6.Miss US altogether??? probably tomorrow
I guess we should be happy but the computers did not do a good job with this one !!

Interesting model track progression.

1.First Gulf of Mexico/Florida 5 days ago
2.South Florida 4 days ago
3.Savannah 2 days ago
4.Charleston yesterday
5.Then Outer Banks today
6.Miss US altogether??? probably tomorrow
I guess we should be happy but the computers did not do a good job with this one !!

"As the variables change, so does the forecast ..." :p

Attachments

• Floyd-the-barber.jpg
    Floyd-the-barber.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 110