Some pictures (My photographic introduction!)

The Silent Seed

18/08/11
I didn't want to clutter my "intro" - so here are some random pictures I just took, of random plants!
Let's play "guess what it is" - (I won't let it drag on and on) - just start off with some fun!
Sorry about the "background" - it's my fiancee's condo, and she's packing / unpacking.
Some are obviously not identifable since they are so small - I'll supply captions next!

Attachments

• Photo 50.jpg
    Photo 50.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 161
  • Photo 49.jpg
    Photo 49.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Photo 48.jpg
    Photo 48.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Photo 47.jpg
    Photo 47.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 156
  • Photo 46.jpg
    Photo 46.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 159
  • Photo 45.jpg
    Photo 45.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Photo 44.jpg
    Photo 44.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 167
From left to right, top to bottom:

First pic: What is it ? I honestly do not know.
Second pic: Sabal domingensis

First pic, second row: Chamaedorea costaricana
Second pic, second row: Probably too small to "guess" - but can you guess?

First pic, third row: Guess!

Last row: Guess both plants!

For IDs the pics need to be bigger. At least for me they do. I'm lousy at photo IDs anyway.
But I think Scott has the Arenga pegged.
I think the second guess is a Pandanus.
Last row, pic one, not a good enough pic for me.
Last plant - is it a Dragon Fruit or something similar?

Dean, not sure how to make them bigger, except take closer-up photos of the plants.
You are dead-on with the Pandanus (utilis) - Pandanus are something I have not been growing for very long, but they are an instant favorite. They just are - no real reason. I really like how they spiral, and the fruit - love them. Not to mention the stilt roots... they really are fun plants.
Last plant, good guess! But no, it's not a Dragon Fruit. Hint: It's not a vine, but the flowers could be said to be similar.
I'll post better / closer pics probably tomorrow, of the last row, pic one plant (and perhaps more!)
Jude

Dean, not sure how to make them bigger, except take closer-up photos of the plants.
You are dead-on with the Pandanus (utilis) - Pandanus are something I have not been growing for very long, but they are an instant favorite.
I cheated a bit on the Pandanus, as I remembered Jeff M. telling me you were asking him about them. :)
If your camera is on the largest setting, then your stuck with that. Is that a cell phone camera? Good cameras are so cheap these days, tons of used ones on eBay. Even the newer cell phones have some really good pics. If you're getting married, then it's time for a decent camera. :)

ah, Jeff M - that's who I got these Pandans from :) He's the best. (Hope a few more of you guys join me in my up-and-coming order, to help defray the costs.)
I also got some P. tectorius and am hungry for more...
Right now , I use photo booth, with the camera right on my Mac laptop. Rudimentary at best, granted - and I do have a good digital camera - I've had it (new in box) for 2 years, and have not taken one single picture with it - I'm just not that good at figuring out all the little settings on it.