Copernicia macroglossa

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Copernicia macroglossa.jpg Copernicia macroglossa (2).jpg Copernicia macroglossa (3).jpg Copernicia macroglossa planted about 13 years ago from a three gallon container.

2nd photo same palm with 7 gallon container for scale.

3rd photo same palm shot from my roof for aerial view. :)

Last edited:
Good job MooseMan - I have yet to ever try one of those. So many species, so little time.

Has to be one of the easiest palms to ID.

Dean - I would suggest that you get one in the ground as soon as you can. Select an area that has good sun exposure with 5 ft. radius of clearance for future spread. These are very slow to start. This palm developes a very deep root system (like all Copernicias) with little leaf production. Once the large root system is established, the growth rate increases significantly but would never be considered fast. With your amount of percipitation and quality soil - it should be much faster than here in Southern Florida.

Copernicia macroglossa 3.JPG Copernicia macroglossa 4.JPG And another one. This is my first flowering Copernicia. There is not another flowering around here for miles that I am aware of. The seed should be true if the pollinators do their thing. Unfortunately, the first flowering on palms usually don't produce many viable seeds. Only time will tell. :D

Last edited: