be prepared or..... oh boy Emily?

pocomo

26/03/10
In anticipation all I can do is sit and wait. If it happens most plants will just be put on their sides (in pots) and the more important ones in the house. The biggest problem is the mangos' need trimming. I hate all the broken limbs. The track is just east of south Fl but maybe only a tropical storm. Chris

Ray, The storms are always around my area but never over it. I get to hear them and see the light shows. But I only get enough rain to wet leaves.

Hopefully it will turn off to the northeast. Rain from a storm like this would always be appreciated. Just not the winds. Nice afternoon thunderstorm moved over my area and dumped 1.6 inches yesterday. Love it!!!

I am back to desert like conditions. Looks like Emily is gonna suck us drier. As soon as the sun sets some tonight I will be a watering fool again.

No beneficial rain here in 12 days. The "stay under the tree and you won't get wet" type rain does NOT count. Emily to the east will only dry us out even more. I don't expect wind or rain here.

Emily crapped out. There were predictions of rain today, not even a sprinkle. :(

I have been putting off watering for several days expecting some rain. Looked at the doppler radar at 5:30 am and resigned myself to dragging the hose around at sunrise. :(

Ron. It's 2:15 and starting to rain. Radar shows a rotating mass of clouds just offshore. I'm hoping you were premature with your hose dragging. Chris

Emily is history but there are some other potentially developing storms to the far east heading towards our general direction. :p

In anticipation all I can do is sit and wait. If it happens most plants will just be put on their sides (in pots) and the more important ones in the house. The biggest problem is the mangos' need trimming. I hate all the broken limbs. The track is just east of south Fl but maybe only a tropical storm. Chris