A Road Trip to Club Pocomo !

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Coral Shower.jpg
The Moose went on a road trip this morning and ended up at Club Pocomo. It was overwhelming seeing the distinguished plants at "The Club". I will post photos of just a small smattering of the plants encountered. :cool:

First one is an outstandingly colored Coral Shower. The one in Moose Land does not even come close to this beauty. :eek:

Last edited:
An unknown that Chris got from Tim Anderson. This is one I've not seen before. Very nice variegation of colors. Looks kind of like a semi-oak leaf shaped Duncan Macaw. :D

Update: This is Cutler's Gulfstream
Unknown - Tim Anderson.jpg
Unknown - Tim Anderson (2).jpg

Last edited:
Vanda.jpg
Vanda (2).jpg
Ooops, how did that get slipped into a croton thread ? :confused: This Vanda was so stunning that I had to include it. No cuttings were permitted on this one. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Chris - Seedling (3).jpg
And another promising unnamed seedling by Chris. One of the few green and yellow seedlings found at Club Pocomo. Chris seems to focus on the pink, orange, red and purple hues in his breeding endeavors. ;)

Last edited:
Doris A.jpg
Doris A (2).jpg
And another Doris growing in a different location. This croton is a seedling Chris cultivated but put a name to it. :)

This croton gets kissed by a dappling of morning sun, then stays shaded for most of the afternoon. ;)

Last edited:
Club Pocomo? Well a resort it isn't. It can be relaxing in the evening sitting back and looking at the assortment. Thanks for stopping by Ron. I always enjoy the commentary. Chris

Chris - Seedling B.jpg
Chris - Seedling B (2).jpg
Here are the last photos of crotons from my road trip to Club Pocomo. :eek: It is an unnamed cultivated seedling by Chris. :) Man were my croton sensories on overload. :D

Last edited:
Epilog:

Also found at Club Pocomo, the love of Chris' life, Doris. She is the namesake for the spectacular Doris croton cultivar. Doris graciously permitted me to take her photo although the temperatures had already risen to the low 90's. :cool:

Attachments

• Original Doris.jpg
    Original Doris.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 112