Princess Eugenia

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Pricess Eugenia as found in Dr. Frank Brown's book. I got this beauty from Marie Nock. :)

Attachments

• AAB Princess Eugenia.jpg
    AAB Princess Eugenia.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 123
  • AAB Princess Eugenia 2.jpg
    AAB Princess Eugenia 2.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 117
  • AAB Pricess Eugenia 3.jpg
    AAB Pricess Eugenia 3.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 111
I like the looks of Princess Eugenia. I am a sucker for the dark leaf plants.

Scott - this is a young plant and the dark leaves are a little darker than typical. I have kept it under cover so I can protect it in the Spring. This varient shows some very "hot" pinks on the veins when mature. :cool: It has nice large leaves.

Princess Eugenia update. It got planted sometime in middle of March. It is adapting very nicely to the shading from the Coryph Utan palm it is positioned under. Nice robust flushing of leaves. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Princess Eugenia.jpg
    Princess Eugenia.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Princess Eugenia 2.jpg
    Princess Eugenia 2.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 99
I want to add a picture that shows its good color.

Attachments

• Princess Eugenia Picture 002.jpg
    Princess Eugenia Picture 002.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 105
My Princess Eugenia has grown quite a bit since I last posted pictures 2 months ago. The photos don't do a good job of showing the pinks starting to blush on the newer leaves. Bullwinkle really liked this cultivar on his last visit to the Moose Land. :)

Attachments

• Princess Eugenia.jpg
    Princess Eugenia.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Princess Eugenia2.jpg
    Princess Eugenia2.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 97
Like is not strong enough statement ,more like true love :)

My Princess Eugenia has grown quite a bit since I last posted pictures 2 months ago. The photos don't do a good job of showing the pinks starting to blush on the newer leaves. Bullwinkle really liked this cultivar on his last visit to the Moose Land. :)

Here's some pics of mine. Another from Marie. Thanks. This one grows in bright light and hasn't started to pink up yet. It really grows well here though and I think it's about time to make some air layers. Chris

Attachments

• P1090868a.jpg
    P1090868a.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 107
  • P1090869a.jpg
    P1090869a.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 99
  • P1090870a.jpg
    P1090870a.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 111
Mine and others, Delores, Daisy Ortegas and pocomo.

Attachments

• P1120768a.jpg
    P1120768a.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 91
  • P1120766a.jpg
    P1120766a.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 98
I know Ray, if it's not Irene Kingsley/Satan it's William C/Daisy O. It might just be placement, and one day I'll grow both of them together, but it seems Daisy O has slightly smaller, redder leaves that are more blotched. William Craig seems larger and pinker with more entire color. Then again I might just be "seeing things".

Wow thank god for this forum. Looking back at this thread, I evidently planted the Princess Eugenia in March 2010. So now I know its been in the ground 4 years and 5 months. The Corypha utan palm has grown considerably forcing Princess Eugenia to lean looking for the sun. The Corypha utan has certainly benefited from the fertilizer the crotons surrounded it have been given over that time. Updated photo of Princess Eugenia, August 9, 2014. :)

Princess Eugenia 1.JPG

Princess Eugenia leaning looking for more sun exposure - growing towards the light. :cool:

I've noticed that the lower leaves have remained on the lower area of the plant for several years, perhaps the same newly flushing leaves from earlier posted photos.

Princess Eugenia 2.JPG