Hey Dean

Crotonologist

12/11/10
Just curious if there is a way that I can turn off the pop-up photo viewer here...
I could not find a setting for it anywhere...

Reason I ask is that I already have a photo viewing extension (installed on my Chrome browser) that is much faster than the one here, but the one here takes over from my extension...

Everything else about the new forum software is great!
Thanks for all that you do here to provide a nice home for us crotonheads.
:)

I can, but it will take a little time. I can do what I did on PalmTalk. I had to create an identical skin (theme) and then turn that option off. That way you can choose that skin. I just this very minute changed a setting that automatically activated the pop up on "hover." That is not how I originally intended it. Now it requires a click. Bren will be happy with this change, as it messed with her Smart Phone. So, first try again - and see if it still "takes over." If you give me a little time I'll check out the settings, and it's time for me to install Chrome for testing anyway.

For my info - how is everything else on the site as far as viewing through Chrome. They are really making life difficult for webmasters these days, as the different browsers don't display code the same. it's a mess trying to get a site compliant with them all.

Let me know if the photo pop up is any different now. I doubt it, but it would be nice if it was. :)

Works great now that you took it off of hover... thanks.
And this site works great with Chrome - first and only problem I've had was the link for the Christian Papers would not work at first, but it works fine now.