Looks like an Alien

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Now that the rains have finally arrived, fungii is starting to sprout up in the mulch. I think these examples look bizarre. They actually look weird and cool at the same time, and colorful too. :eek:

Attachments

• Weird Fungii.jpg
    Weird Fungii.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Weird Fungii2.jpg
    Weird Fungii2.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 98
Is it the stinkhorns that smell like something died in your yard? The past couple days something has been really rank and I can't find the culprit. I keep expecting to find a dead rat. Ron, I have tons of those little button mushrooms too!

Is it the stinkhorns that smell like something died in your yard? The past couple days something has been really rank and I can't find the culprit. I keep expecting to find a dead rat. Ron, I have tons of those little button mushrooms too!

Bren - this one smells like a dead opossum. This may be your culprit. Flies attend to it as if it were carrion. Looks interesting, maybe even pretty. Smells horrible. :(

Attachments

• Gross.jpg
    Gross.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 100
:D LOL - Ray would you believe ... :eek:

Attachments

• Mushroom Society.jpg
    Mushroom Society.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 64
  • mushroom society 2.jpg
    mushroom society 2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 99
  • wild-mushroom-show-poster.jpg
    wild-mushroom-show-poster.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 71
  • mushroom.jpg
    mushroom.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 69
My grandparents in WI were big into mushroom picking. They knew every edible kind. My fondest memories of my great grandma marie was trampling through the woods looking for pig snouts. Morrels, puff balls etc with her and that 5 gal bucket. I HATED mushrooms as a kid but loved the hunt. Now I really appreciate them as a food source. Fungi is fascinating.