Another Mod Bites the Dust

Dypsisdean

Administrator
Staff member
28/09/07
Well, the Croton Forum has managed to chase away another Mod. Bren has expressed a desire to step down. I will let her speak for herself, but I've been there, so I know.

It's a thankless job, and much more could be done to support that someone who volunteers for the position. I have asked her to reconsider, as I can configure things to better keep trouble makers away with this new software. So I don't know her main reasons for leaving, but if it has to do with a lack of appreciation and support, you can try and make up for it here.

If it doesn't help, who wants to be next? I would suggest if we do find someone else, or if Bren reconsiders, you might try getting a little thicker skin and don't freak out on the Mod every time someone might be sneaking on to post something. Is it really that big of a deal until a Mod decides the best course of action? Just let them handle things, or else volunteer yourself.

I wouold suggest that if there is someone who you do not want to have to associate with, just click on your settings and add them to your ignore list. That effectively eliminates them from your view, and you can go on your merry way as if they are not there. Be like me, just ignore people who bother you.

Be like me, just ignore people who bother you.

Is that why you never answer my emails? JUST KIDDING!

I don't read everything here but it looked pretty serene to me, which means Bren was doing a good job. What was the discord or has Bren just become unable to do it because of other commitments or job?

I expect her to chime in. I do not wish to put any words in her mouth. But I can say I would be a rich man if given a dollar every time I considered quitting the moderating of PalmTalk and Palmpedia. Sometimes it seems as if it would be so much easier just to walk away and be done with it. If the IPS wasn't paying me, and if I didn't have the investment of time and money in this site, I would fold up the computer at times, hit the garden, and not log in for days. As Bren understands, you can't do that if your a Mod.

Thanks, I know mod duties are appreciated by most. I am just feeling a little burnt out. I know the casual user may stop by occasionally and think we are handling certain individuals with an iron fist per se. They do not know past histories & what they fail to realize is that we've tracked the same individuals re-registering here under different aliases at least 9 times since I've been Mod. That is a problem because originally, we allowed them membership & welcomed them!! They imploded on us in a very short amount of time and had to be banned for inappropriate behavior.

Once the banning occurred, they all migrated to the other site and really bashed the society and our individual members. It was vile & frankly disturbing. So yeah, when they keep re-registering here under different aliases, we are going to keep banning them. They are incapable of playing nice. We tried that route, several times actually. Remember, it's not because they are posting elsewhere and using pictures on both sites. No harm, no foul there. I do that myself.

The big picture is the antagonistic hate speech they spewed at us. Their lively hood is to play this tiresome cat & mouse game.

Bottom line, please trust your mod (no matter who it is). Sometimes things need to be done for the good of all. That includes a lot of background work and deletion of posts, banning etc before it is ever seen by the general population. If you don't agree with my approach, I encourage you to step up and take over the reigns. It's enlightening :rolleyes:

Bren,

I think you have really stepped up to the plate since you took over as moderator. I can speak for most when I say we do appreciate all your hard work and countless hours you sacrifice of your personal time here. I hope you will stay on and continue the fine, professional job that you've done up until now.

And Dean, I would appreciate if you would remove the avitar that you placed w/ my name.

Thanks, I know mod duties are appreciated by most. I am just feeling a little burnt out. I know the casual user may stop by occasionally and think we are handling certain individuals with an iron fist per se. They do not know past histories & what they fail to realize is that we've tracked the same individuals re-registering here under different aliases at least 9 times since I've been Mod. That is a problem because originally, we allowed them membership & welcomed them!! They imploded on us in a very short amount of time and had to be banned for inappropriate behavior.

Once the banning occurred, they all migrated to the other site and really bashed the society and our individual members. It was vile & frankly disturbing. So yeah, when they keep re-registering here under different aliases, we are going to keep banning them. :p They are incapable of playing nice. We tried that route, several times actually. Remember, it's not because they are posting elsewhere and using pictures on both sites. No harm, no foul there. I do that myself.

The big picture is the antagonistic hate speech they spewed at us. Their lively hood is to play this tiresome cat & mouse game.

Bottom line, please trust your mod (no matter who it is). Sometimes things need to be done for the good of all. That includes a lot of background work and deletion of posts, banning etc before it is ever seen by the general population. If you don't agree with my approach, I encourage you to step up and take over the reigns. It's enlightening :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Agent 3.jpg
    Agent 3.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Agent 2.jpg
    Agent 2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 69
  • Agent.jpg
    Agent.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 64
Geez Ron.

This thread was nice and buried. Careful or I will start banning the use of over used & ripped off clip art ;-) kidding of course .......;)