Upload photos from my computer?

fawnridge

04/07/09
Thanks for the new technology. Gotta love it when something is working and an expert goes in and fixes it. Someone want to tell me the simple steps, for my simple mind, to upload a photo from my computer?

Thanks for the new technology. Gotta love it when something is working and an expert goes in and fixes it. Someone want to tell me the simple steps, for my simple mind, to upload a photo from my computer?

Things may have appeared to have been "working," but that was far from the case. The old platform was 3+ years old - an eternity in the computer/internet age. And the hackers, spammers, and scammers were having a good ol' time with it. Many hours of effort every week were neccesary to keep them from crashing the party - or worse, crashing the site. This new software is much more secure, and offers the Mods and Admins much easier and efficient methods to keep things running smoothly. We have also moved to a new server, which should improve performance and offers better and simpler backup protocols to protect the data and keep the site up and running. I might add that these improvements cost over $400 that I am essentially "donating" to the cause, until I can again procure some ad revenue to help defray some of the costs.

In addition, this isn't new software, its just updated software of the same platform, with most of the same ways of doing things. As Ray advised, the method for uploading photos is exactly the same as before - just with a few more options and more flexibility. Black and white TVs were "working" just fine as well. But I'm still glad some "experts" went and "fixed" them.

As is now, the "quick reply" is the default. For more options during a reply (like uploading photos, video, or adding icons, smilies, etc) click on "Go Advanced." This will bring up the same photo management options as before. But as mentioned, there are a few more options. If you would prefer the Advanced window to be the default, as it was before, I believe I can make that setting active instead. But since most replies are just basic, I thought the simple Quick Reply would be the preferred choice.

Glad you got it. And don't worry. Mods/Admins have thick skins, and it only gets thicker with time. :)

And Ricky, stay tuned for an article I'm putting together on some of the new features this software offers. Most notably a place for individual photo albums - with a nice format, easy implementation, and a great place to share your photos. I will be starting some albums that I will be updating on a yearly or biyearly time frame to chronicle the growth and changes in the garden - and a place where others can also check from time to time if interested. Since you are so handy with your camera, you might be interested in getting creative and taking advantage of this feature.

And if you ever wanted to start your own blog, there's a space already reserved for any registered member to use.