Yellow Bravo???

Bullwinkle

Esteemed Member
17/11/10
How about this one,Is this Yellow Bravo??

Attachments

• 138_0010.jpg
    138_0010.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 138_0011.jpg
    138_0011.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 158
It's possible but Yellow Bravo is a misleading name. It should really be called White Bravo because the oldest leaves turn more white than yellow. The one pictured is more yellow than white.

The older leaves are definitely get more white,if you look closely it is apparent on one of the lower leaves.In fact when I found it I thought that it might have been a wierd Island Breeze but when I got it home I noticed the difference right away.

Mike,

Nice to see you have one, and some good size. I just recently got my first small plant myself. I always had the yellow Petra, but not a Bravo. Thanks!
Jeff[/QUOT

I have since found out that it is not too common.I have just put three airlayers on it.

Michael - is there a waiting list for your air layers ? :eek: That would be a fine addition to the Moose Land. ;)

Where did you come across it ?

:)

Mike,

Nice to see you have one, and some good size. I just recently got my first small plant myself. I always had the yellow Petra, but not a Bravo. Thanks!
Jeff[/QUOT

I have since found out that it is not too common.I have just put three airlayers on it.

Thank you Mike! :) Mike delivered an air layer of this croton while we did some very friendly trading several weeks ago. It looks great but is not as vigorous as a typical Bravo. Its putting out new leaves but no roots have shown up at the drain holes. :eek:

Here are some photos I posted in another thread. This is from an air layer of the croton in the Mike's first post. I looked at the link that Ray provided of Marie Nock's "Yellow (White) Bravo" posted by Rob. They look to be the same cultivar, of couse Marie's is growing in optimal conditions.

Marie - I have noticed a faint pink on the petiole and on the underside of the leaf main vein on my plant. Have you noticed this characteristic on yours? :)

Attachments

• Yellow (White) Bravo2.jpg
    Yellow (White) Bravo2.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Yellow (White) Bravo.jpg
    Yellow (White) Bravo.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Croton Bug.jpg
    Croton Bug.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 182
I looked at the link that Ray provided of Marie Nock's "Yellow (White) Bravo" posted by Rob. They look to be the same ....
That pink tells you it's NOT yellow Bravo. It should actually be called White Bravo. I have the one with pinkish petioles and had Yellow Bravo. They are not the same plant. The real white/yellow bravo has no hint of any color besides white and green.

Jeff also had a real yellow Bravo in his garden. How about a photo Jeff?