No Rain......lots of Pests!

Jeff Searle

26/08/08
Is it me or are some of you others experiencing an onslaught of spidermites and mealybugs of lately? Usually for me, during the spring months when very little rain is falling, I'll see some sporadic mites on certain crotons. But, also for the first time that I can remember, I'm seeing some mealybugs on several plants too. I spoke with Judy today and she also said that she's finding alot mealys on her plants as well. We either need more cold weather, or MORE rain soon!:)
Jeff

Now Thrips are deforming the newly developing emergent leaves. :mad:

Need rain bad ! :(

Is it me or are some of you others experiencing an onslaught of spidermites and mealybugs of lately? Usually for me, during the spring months when very little rain is falling, I'll see some sporadic mites on certain crotons. But, also for the first time that I can remember, I'm seeing some mealybugs on several plants too. I spoke with Judy today and she also said that she's finding alot mealys on her plants as well. We either need more cold weather, or MORE rain soon!:)
Jeff

Leafhoppers too...they're never a good thing.

Ray - Just seen only a smattering of Leafhoppers so far. The crotons at the property next to mine had an investation of mealy bugs. An army of black with red spots lady bugs has shown up and is dispatching them. I have never seen so many lady bugs at one time. :)

Just no Lubber Grasshoppers pleeeaassseeee !!! :eek:

Still no rain. :mad: