Some new crotons

pocomo

26/03/10
The first is a seedling that appears to go only "halfway" to exotica. Hence I think I'll call it "halfway". Second is a new seedling that looks like it could turn out nice. It might color up nice. Third is no longer a seedling, to me, as it has now got some babies on the way even though it only fathered them. And the last one I think I'll name "toad tongue".

Attachments

• P1090443a.jpg
    P1090443a.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 173
  • P1090446a.jpg
    P1090446a.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 174
  • P1090449a.jpg
    P1090449a.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 182
  • P1090454a.jpg
    P1090454a.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 200
The first is a seedling that appears to go only "halfway" to exotica. Hence I think I'll call it "halfway". Second is a new seedling that looks like it could turn out nice. It might color up nice. Third is no longer a seedling, to me, as it has now got some babies on the way even though it only fathered them. And the last one I think I'll name "toad tongue".

Very, very nice! Toad Tongue looks like it has Thai in it. I have a few seedlings that I'm sure are at least part Thai. Isn't it fun watching seedlings, even thou most don't turn out to be anything special.

Chris - I heard through the grapevine that you have a cultivar with a unique leaf shape that you have named "C & B". How about a photo? :rolleyes:

Those are some very interesting "seedlings" you got going! :eek:

Ron, should be called BIG C&B. Not as good as in years past but still impressive. Got it from Henry Coppinger. Chris

Attachments

• P1090455a.jpg
    P1090455a.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 150
Chris, did you ever share the Big C&B with Tim Anderson? I got one from him that looks very similar.

Ray, got that one from Henry Coppingers collection back in the 70's. I never got a name for it so I just called it like I saw it. It's definitely a large leaf. Chris

Ron, should be called BIG C&B. Not as good as in years past but still impressive. Got it from Henry Coppinger. Chris

C & B.JPG

Chris gave me a C&B. It never brached and turned into a leggy palm looking croton. I made an air layer so it would induce branching. It made four new branches then attacked by fungus and it died. Fortunately the air layer made it. Chris - did Henry Coppinger give it the name?