Trouble in Moose Land!

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Today a front moved in. Large palm fronds on the ground every where. Broken mango and avacado branches on the gound. Fruiting AeAe banana laying prone on the ground. Crotons were crushed. The Moose is not happy! :mad:

How did the rest of you make out? :confused:

Ron. :(

Moose more happy now.:p After cleaning up, I decided to get some more crotons in the ground. They are:

Recurvifolium
Fiesta
Leota
King of Siam
Major Dade
Chrysophylum
Charmer
Mona Lisa
Madame Fernand Kohl

;)

Recurvifolium. This unusual croton has a recurved leaves. Only Rams Horn & Revolutions share this leaf characteristic. :)

Attachments

• Recurifolium.jpg
    Recurifolium.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Recurvifolium 2.jpg
    Recurvifolium 2.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 76
Captain Gilbert Cutler: :eek:

Attachments

• Capt. Gilbert Cutler 2.jpg
    Capt. Gilbert Cutler 2.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Capt. Gilbert Cutler.jpg
    Capt. Gilbert Cutler.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Capt. Gilbert Cutler 3.jpg
    Capt. Gilbert Cutler 3.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 92
Sorry, posted Captain Gilbert Cutler pictures that were suposed to be in another thread. :eek:

Here is Major Dade: :):)

Attachments

• Major Dade.jpg
    Major Dade.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Major Dade 2.jpg
    Major Dade 2.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 84
Chrysophyllum: This cultivar has proved to be difficult for me. Although a green and yellow croton, I found that it really prefers considerable shade. It was moved around in its container multiple times until it appeared to be happy in this location. :)

Attachments

• Chrysophyllum.jpg
    Chrysophyllum.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Chrysophyllum2.jpg
    Chrysophyllum2.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 87
Here is the Charmer. I took a cutting before it was planted and rooted it. If you won the single rooted cutting of Charmer at the Garden Tour Auction May 14th, this was the source plant. ;)

Attachments

• Charmer.jpg
    Charmer.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Charmer2.jpg
    Charmer2.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 71
Mona Lisa: This has been less than stellar performing cultivar for me. Does anyone have any advice on growing Mona Lisa? :) It has dropped some leaves recently and seems slow. Hopefully the leaf drop was the result of cats slinking around. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Mona Lisa.jpg
    Mona Lisa.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 87
Leota: This cultivar does not have extemely large leaves like many others. It will have brillant red-orange and orange hues later on in the season. Planted under a Coccothrinax spissa palm, it is receiving perfect shading. As both mature, Leota will be exposed to more sun and will add a wonderful splash of color, enhansing the palm. This croton was the perfect addition for the aspect I wanted to achieve in this area. :cool:

Attachments

• Leota.jpg
    Leota.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Leota2.jpg
    Leota2.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 81