Does This Have a Name???

palmisland

28/03/08
I got this from Jesse Durko a few years ago. The leaves aren't that large, but the color is intense with the blackish background leaves. It's really a slow grower. Probably an old cultivar. Any ideas? Thanks

Randy

Attachments

• DSC_0074.jpg
    DSC_0074.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_0075.jpg
    DSC_0075.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_0076.jpg
    DSC_0076.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 92
It looks like Nancy Reagan to me. I got my original plant from Jesse too. He was here a couple of days ago asking about Nancy Reagan. He's lost his and because it's so temperamental, I promised to make him one in the spring rather than risk a cutting at this time of year.

Randy - Would be nice if a rooted cutting showed up at the auction table after the croton tour this Saturday. I would have to open my check book for this beauty!!! ;)

Randy - Would be nice if a rooted cutting showed up at the auction table after the croton tour this Saturday. I would have to open my check book for this beauty!!! ;)

Ron, I'll save you one when I do. It's really slow & I want to give it the summer to gain a little size. I bought it at Jesse Durko's a few years ago & it hasn't gained much size. I'll wack you off a piece in July.