The mistbed is full

fawnridge

04/07/09
86 1-gallon cans. At least 30 different varieties. Most of these have been in the mistbed since February 26th, so they're well on their way to having roots.

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 113
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 125
  • P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 118
  • P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 121
Ricky,

Proud of you brother, your doing a great job. Maybe a couple or so will be ready for the auction in May at Mike Harris's house.
Jeff

Thanks. There's quite a bit of common stuff being rooted - Mrs. Iceton, Pinocchio, Buddy, Kentucky, Caribbean Star - not high ticket stuff that would appeal to most collectors at an auction. A whole bunch of unknowns that I'll eventually post photos of, but most of the rare stuff is already designated for spots in my garden or Randy's.

Speaking of Buddy, you should see the one that Randy found out west. Must be 12 feet tall with a trunk of almost 8" in diameter. Some of the older leaves were almost 24" long, not including the petiole!

Thanks. There's quite a bit of common stuff being rooted - Mrs. Iceton, Pinocchio, Buddy, Kentucky, Caribbean Star - not high ticket stuff that would appeal to most collectors at an auction. A whole bunch of unknowns that I'll eventually post photos of, but most of the rare stuff is already designated for spots in my garden or Randy's.

Speaking of Buddy, you should see the one that Randy found out west. Must be 12 feet tall with a trunk of almost 8" in diameter. Some of the older leaves were almost 24" long, not including the petiole!

"Donation Buddy" It's laying over a bit probably due to a hurricane, but still a stunner.

Attachments

• DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 100
Ricky - I am sure these plants are well established by now with roots growing out the drain holes. Do you have a final cultivar list ? Can we see some updated photos posted ?

I have potted up my air layers. PM me if you are interested in some horse trading. I will be up your way tomorrow. :)