Joe Friday

Take a look on page 3 of Dr. Brown's book. Wish I had some pics but mine got fried the past two winters. I was told it is a sport of Bravo - which is not noted for its cold-hardiness. The only large one I know of is at Sunken Gardens by the flamingo pond.

I have a nice one (thanks to Phil) will try to post a pic this weekend. Slow growing, thick leaves, some nice pink veining.

Take a look on page 3 of Dr. Brown's book. Wish I had some pics but mine got fried the past two winters. I was told it is a sport of Bravo - which is not noted for its cold-hardiness. The only large one I know of is at Sunken Gardens by the flamingo pond.

Certainly this has been a nice croton that I think most everyone has wanted to add to their collections at one time or another. Phil, I had no idea that it might have sported from a Bravo. Interesting.
Ron, glad to hear you got one.
Jeff

Ron, Check out the Online Croton Reference in the Wiki. Nice pic of Joe Friday taken by Jeff.

Ron, Are you seeking pictures of this Joe Friday?:D

Attachments

• dragnet.jpg
    dragnet.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 227
Since no one else stepped up and posted a photo, my Joe Friday is starting to grow. It sure appreciated getting into the ground. Nice new large leaves. :)

Attachments

• Joe Friday.jpg
    Joe Friday.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Joe Friday2.jpg
    Joe Friday2.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 84