Nancy Reagan

pocomo

26/03/10
Here's a picture I'm trying to get on the wiki. I'm frustrated. I took a picture of it today.

Attachments

• P1080224a.jpg
    P1080224a.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 175
Chris,

I responded to your PM, we'll get you up and running in no time. Looks as though you have some great plants to share pics of ;)

Is Nancy Reagan the same as Mckenzie King?

I don't think so even though the correction list to Brown's book says the picture of Nancy Reagan in the book is McKenzie King. I have a photo that Jesse Durko took of McKenzie King - the leaf is larger than that of a Nancy
Reagan; the coloring is more pink than orange; and the lateral veins are more prominent. Half of each leaf is black.

Marie, Here's a photo of mine. I got it from Durko's a few years ago. The leaves are on the small side. Is mine a N. Reagan? It looks identical to Pocomo's pic.

Attachments

• DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0029.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 152
Marie, Here's a photo of mine. I got it from Durko's a few years ago. The leaves are on the small side. Is mine a N. Reagan? It looks identical to Pocomo's pic.

That's what I have as Nancy Reagan too. I'll see if I can scan the photo of Mckenzie King so you can see the difference.

Here's a copy of Jesse Durko's photo of McKenzie King.

Attachments

• McKenzie King 002.jpg
    McKenzie King 002.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 163
Yours looks like its got some size to it, Tim. Very colorful. I didn't realize it has some pinks in it too. Beautiful. Thanks so much for posting it!

Hey, Tim, I can't enlarge any of your pics for some reason. What are you taking them with?