stalking my neighbors (crotons)

croton girl

Banned
11/01/11
dont know what they are of if there hard to come by but unusuall to a new collector as me.
any help with names thankyou...

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 115
I agree with Bren's ID for 2nd & 3rd Photos.

By the way - a very happy Birthday to you Bren!!! :cool:

What a youngster. ;)

Croton Girl - a very warm welcome to the forum!

Kindest regards,

Ron.

Croton Girl,

Welcome to the forum and the last picture....well it's a little hard on the eyes.:) Any more pictures? The more the merrier.

Bren,

Hope you had/having a nice birthday!

Jeff

Possibly Croton Girl's neighbor has the elusive "Fuzzy Johanna Copinger" :rolleyes:

LOL Ron. :p

When Croton Girl posts a better photo, perhaps an accurate ID can be made. It is a mature healthy plant for sure. :)

got a few cuttings today!
What is the best method for me to figure out what I might have?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 94
You're going to have a hard time getting roots with nighttime temperatures lower than 65. If you can root them indoors or on the south side of the house would be your best bet.

The first one appears to be either a Mammay or a Golden Mammay in need of sunlight. It might even be a Mammay seedling with all that green. The second is Stoplight, the third is Andreanum, and the last one could be quite a few different things, again it needs more sun. I would guess that it's probably one of the Davis hybrids although, it could be Fishbone.

we have a small green house covered with freeze cloth and the temps in the mid 70s when freezing out and mid 80s + lately we really have not had to many problems being close to the ocean.
thanks for help with the ids.

Hi Croton Girl (real name?),

Pretty good names already mentioned. But, in post #10, your third picture is not a croton, but a cordyline or Ti plant. And the last picture, is that a seedling coming up through the brick pavers, or a cutting laying there? Thanks for sharing though.

Jeff