In the Pink

Marie Nock

04/07/09
Attached are photos of one of our seedlings that we're calling In the Pink's. I don't know the parents but the leaves are as broad as a Bimbo's.
DSC_0784.jpg

DSC_0785.jpg

DSC_0786.jpg

Marie,

That's very nice, anyone I think would be proud to claim this as one of their seedlings. Make sure you document the name and all pertinent information to go along with it. And don't forget the date, address of your home, DOB, house phone number, etc,but not your SS#.:)

Marie,

That's very nice, anyone I think would be proud to claim this as one of their seedlings. Make sure you document the name and all pertinent information to go along with it. And don't forget the date, address of your home, DOB, house phone number, etc,but not your SS#.:)

I agree with Searle or someone might come along and change the name to "Kona" or who knows what. :rolleyes:

Attached are photos of one of our seedlings that we're calling In the Pink's. I don't know the parents but the leaves are as broad as a Bimbo's.
View attachment 5922

View attachment 5923

View attachment 5924

Your seedling is just beautiful! How old is it? Another question, on my computer, the color shows a bright orange-red. Is it supposed to be pink or did you name it after the expression? It is so much fun watching seedlings grow, even though most don't turn out to be anything special. That certainly isn't the case here. Congratulations!

Your seedling is just beautiful! How old is it? Another question, on my computer, the color shows a bright orange-red. Is it supposed to be pink or did you name it after the expression? It is so much fun watching seedlings grow, even though most don't turn out to be anything special. That certainly isn't the case here. Congratulations!

It's probably 4-5 years old. I've already traded a piece to Tim Anderson so you may see it at his place too. The color is a rich deep pink - hence the name but fun because of the play on words. I think you've seen it here; I usually point it out when we're in that part of the yard.