IMG_0141.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 151
Kind of surprise to see the Faye Miller. This isn't that common of a croton it seems anymore.

I never heard of the croton "Andrew", and because it's being grown by a very large foliage nursery, it would not surprise me in the least that they would add their own fancy name to an already existing named croton. It will be interesting next week when the TPIE Show will be in Ft Lauderdale. I know for sure I will see some misnamed crotons in vendor booths.

I would agree, the last one is not Batik.

Andrew from Angel Plants has been sold through the big box stores for well over a decade. Mine has been in the ground for 8 or 9 years isn't much bigger than the one in the photo, but the black spots and the ruffled edges are identical. If "Andrew" is not the correct name can you tell me who named it "Lucha" and if that is a valid name for all involved?

Ricky, looking on the website for the Exotic Angel Plants, their "Andrew" doesnt even look close to the Lucha. Its entirely different patterns. Their "andrew" looks like our Eburnum

See photo of "Andrew" from the Exotic Angel Plants website.

Attachments

• 4IN_CrotonAndrew.jpg
    4IN_CrotonAndrew.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Ricky, looking on the website for the Exotic Angel Plants, their "Andrew" doesnt even look close to the Lucha. Its entirely different patterns. Their "andrew" looks like our Eburnum

See photo of "Andrew" from the Exotic Angel Plants website.

I'll shoot a picture of mine when we get home from the hospital today. But it's three plants, planted together, all three of them said "Andrew" when I bought them at HD many years ago. Mine looks more like the original photo at the top of the thread than the plant in the picture above.

Here's what was marked "Andrew" by Angel Plants, 5 years ago, maybe 6.

Ricky:
I'm almost afraid to ask but, is that a recent picture? If so, is it of the very same plant you bought 5 or 6 yrs. ago? i.e. not a cutting or an airlayer from it?

That photo was taken today. Yeah, a very slow growing variety. I think it should be in the sun, but instead, it's in the understory. Of course, it was in the sun 5 or 6 years ago.

Lucha- white,piecrust edge,green vein lines and spots.

Attachments

• lucha.jpg
    lucha.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 120
Scott - Where does the name come from? Who named it - Angel Plants?

I have these plants growing The first Angel Plant purchase had Andrew as the name. The second Angel was purchased as Lucha. They look the same to me. The pic above I posted was from the Croton Connection. I checked out the Angel Plant website just now and they only list Andrew, last time I looked they had both plants listed. :confused: Let me add that I have seen Angel Plants sold with wrong name tags stuck in the pots. This past fall I saw Petras with Luna name tags.