Croton Nursery in Vero Bch.

Mark Peters was at one time very active in the Croton Society. I have at least 5 or 6 plants in the ground from him. Shame we don't see him on this forum.

either way, your going to be disappointed, check out a real croton nursery like Searles or Marie Nocks

Maybe so, But not everyone lives In driving distance to the above nurserys mentioned, The vero beach nursery is a good place for the northern members. And seems like at a good price,with many varieties. Im sure you contact the owner and tell him your a Croton Society member he will be glad to sell you something.

Oh Define a Real Croton Nursery? Being i seen many, For very low prices. Myself I dont believe in a Rare Croton, You just need to know where they are.

I've been to this nursury a couple of times. He has a lot of variety, mostly small from cuttings. Call first because he doesn't sell directly from the nursury.

I've bought a bunch of croton from Mark the past couple of years at the various garden sales. I've never been dissappointed. Nice guy and has a passion for croton.

Mark is by all means a very friendly and great guy. I was at his nursery this past summer and while he had some nice plants, he did not have nearly the amount on his list.
He did loose a lot over that previous winter and I assume it will be years until he gets close to what is on the list.
For someone looking to add to the collection or get started, he is a great source as all the other known croton nurseries.
If your looking for a plant that is hard to find or rare, I suggest one of the other named nurseries

Very Strange... While on the nursery website I clicked on Links and found Crotonmania. Clicking on the Crotonmania link it sent me to some Chinese website. :eek:

What's up with that? :p

Haha thats old news, But lets not forget if it wasnt for CrotonMania where would you be today. I see you never mention that. :D

Dave,

Well first off, "where would I be today" ? I would be eactly where I am. Because I am very passionate about crotons, their history, and trying to preserve as many varieties as possible. But you were really just one small potato in the basket. Did you help me many years ago along the way? Yes you did. If it wasn't for you, I probably never would of got inside the old Richard Krukonis property. We were extreamly lucky to get in and rescue some fine crotons. We also did 2-3 drive alongs to look for cuttings in neighborhoods. You also showed me the old Rudy Bachman house and I was able to get my first Rudy Bachman cuttings. Everything else in the yard was chopped to the ground before me. I wonder who did all that?:)
Just this past summer, thanks to a very good friend of mine we were able to get cuttings from a yard that had over 20 different,new and unknown crotons growing in it. A croton collector that had these growing for nearly 40 years! Pretty exciting that new crotons are still out there. And to think their all going to need names on them!
So yes, thank-you. And while I'm thanking you,thanks for offering me last summer a bag of cuttings for only $100! That was very humble of you, but for some reason, I thought the price that day was just a weee too high.:)

Dave,

Well first off, "where would I be today" ? I would be eactly where I am. Because I am very passionate about crotons, their history, and trying to preserve as many varieties as possible. But you were really just one small potato in the basket. Did you help me many years ago along the way? Yes you did. If it wasn't for you, I probably never would of got inside the old Richard Krukonis property. We were extreamly lucky to get in and rescue some fine crotons. We also did 2-3 drive alongs to look for cuttings in neighborhoods. You also showed me the old Rudy Bachman house and I was able to get my first Rudy Bachman cuttings. Everything else in the yard was chopped to the ground before me. I wonder who did all that?:)
Just this past summer, thanks to a very good friend of mine we were able to get cuttings from a yard that had over 20 different,new and unknown crotons growing in it. A croton collector that had these growing for nearly 40 years! Pretty exciting that new crotons are still out there. And to think their all going to need names on them!
So yes, thank-you. And while I'm thanking you,thanks for offering me last summer a bag of cuttings for only $100! That was very humble of you, but for some reason, I thought the price that day was just a weee too high.:)

LOL i see you fail to mention, You said "quote" all the crotons we got half was Mine. This is common knowledge. Have I got a one? NO, I see you have memory loss. And when I met you Petras and Mammys are what you had other than a few planted in the Nursey. Im guessing I gave you 200+ Varieties that you said then Half was mine. My friends back then told me I was crazy, But was my decision. Then shortly after John shelton started collecting them as well. But I dont care really, I have no Nursery nor do I have a Collection like yours. But maybe some credit should go my way Like I did you in the Newspaper article where I had them add your Name as well. Stop being one way, I dont like talking about this to much. Its simply another way to give Dave Butler the short end of the stick. $100 you say? Im sure many on this Forum would pay 4 times that amount for over 60 huge Monarch cuttings. Just look at the price you sell them for lol. Old saying goes like this, Never bite the hand that feeds. You can spin it anyway you like, I and a few others around that time know the truth.

Jeff no worries ok, Its only Crotons. BTW Remember i always have a camera with me I have many photos of the Crotons I gave you, In your Mist house some planted some not 100's of cuttings. No need for me to post them, There only Crotons.

LOL i see you fail to mention, You said "quote" all the crotons we got half was Mine. This is common knowledge. Have I got a one? NO, I see you have memory loss. And when I met you Petras and Mammys are what you had other than a few planted in the Nursey. Im guessing I gave you 200+ Varieties that you said then Half was mine. My friends back then told me I was crazy, But was my decision. Then shortly after John shelton started collecting them as well. But I dont care really, I have no Nursery nor do I have a Collection like yours. But maybe some credit should go my way Like I did you in the Newspaper article where I had them add your Name as well. Stop being one way, I dont like talking about this to much. Its simply another way to give Dave Butler the short end of the stick. $100 you say? Im sure many on this Forum would pay 4 times that amount for over 60 huge Monarch cuttings. Just look at the price you sell them for lol. Old saying goes like this, Never bite the hand that feeds. You can spin it anyway you like, I and a few others around that time know the truth.

Jeff no worries ok, Its only Crotons. BTW Remember i always have a camera with me I have many photos of the Crotons I gave you, In your Mist house some planted some not 100's of cuttings. No need for me to post them, There only Crotons.

Note...
This will be my final reply to your childish remarks.

All the cuttings we got? You mean the Stoplights, Fishbones, Andreanums, etc. Lets see, my car, my gas, I trimmed them up and stuck them in my misthouse, then potted them up with my soil, pots and fertilizer.And after all this, you never once said 1/2 was yours. You had no use for plants at the time while living in the trailer park.

And when you met me, do you think for second I was only growing petras and mammey's, sure, what kool aid are you drinking. I was collecting many crotons from various sources before I even met you. You act like your the one that got me started.

Your a liar if you think for a moment you gave me 200+ varieties 10 years ago and that half are yours? When? Are you that crazy? What medication exactly are you taking?

And to accuse me of being one way? I donate handfulls of crotons to every meeting/garden tour I go to. Just ask around.

And for your information, I have never sold a Monarch before.

And are you trying to put fear into me because you have a camera? I welcome you to show everyone the pictures you took of my misthouse. Lol! What your showing are my cuttings of my crotons from my plants growing in the nursery.

So, this is where we stand. Up until now, I've been your only friend you have here and I don't need friends like you. I always have treated you fairly, when others call you out. Do us both a great favor.....loose my number and stop calling me every week.

OK, you both had your say, now let's move on.

Jeff should be allowed to defend himself, but he shouldn't have to. Dave, I need to remind you that we don't allow personal attacks here. Please do not direct any derogatory comments directly to other members. As you can see, even though you two know one another, they are not appreciated. And there are others here who are not taking kindly to some of your other criticisms.

If you wish to stay and participate, you are welcome to discuss Crotons. But not welcome to direct comments to or at other members. My experiment to allow you to join is in jeopardy. Help me out.

Dave, I deleted your last post. It was out of line. And it was exactly what I told you is not acceptable around here in the post I just made above. I know you did not have a chance to read my last post before you posted it. So, for the last time, you are on thin ice. If I have to choose between having everyone leave, or just you, my choice is obvious.

Dave - what is up with you? First you attack Scott McIntosh and run him off the forum for several weeks. The next intended victim of disrespect was Borgy 230. Now a personal heavy affront directed at Jeff Searle, whom you have known for years? Is it your "Life's Mission" to make everyone you encounter to be as miserable as yourself? :(

Persona non grata! :mad: