Robert Halgrim

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Robert Halgrim.JPG
Here is my Robert Halgrim that I got from Marie Nock late last fall. It was brought inside when it got real cold. I left it outside on the cooler marginal days to harden it off. It seems ready to get planted, photo taken 5 minute ago!

Happy Easter to everyone! :)

Last edited:
Hi Ron,
For me it's a slow one. You seem to be doing really well with it. Remember when you plant it out, it's a shade lover.
Marie

Marie - it is very slow. Went through a growing season and grew some but not much. At it's current rate I figure 5 years at least before I can get an airlayer.

Mike, Not a new leaf in over a year? That's not good. It's a slow grower, but should be flushing out a few leaves every once in awhile. Especially now with all the heat and rain.

I don't think Ricky's plant is a Halgrim.

Here's one in a pot - not setting any speed records but it has a nice flush of at least 5 new leaves

Attachments

• DSCN4396.jpg
    DSCN4396.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCN4397.jpg
    DSCN4397.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 77
Stand back I am marching into the fog. 1. No ID. 2. Quirko west coast. 3. No ID. 4,5,6. Nellie Halgrim Tampa. Wrong 4 is I D as David's pride from Miami.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 74
Robert Halgrim.JPG
Here is a shot of my Robert Halgrim. Its the same plant as the one in the first post. It had a decent sized branch that was very green. I kept waiting for it to color up but it never did. Such a slow cultivar, I was reluctant to cut off the branch. It was a dud and had to go :(

Last edited:
Robert Halgrim 1.JPG
Still fairly shaded (which I think it prefers although a green and yellow), the removal of some filtered sun blocking plant material has helped. The removal of the green sport also let more filtered sun get to it. Noticed new leaves budding as well. :)

Last edited: